Darklight: Memento Mori» Forums » General

Subject: typo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ian m
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Loved update #51, Mauro. Thanks for keeping us all "officially" up to date. I didn't want to be that guy, but no one else has done it yet.

I noticed 2 errors on the skill cards. Both on Nephilim. Skill-Head Hunter-lvl 4. It is missing some punctuation, I think. "...trophies, this is called a Momento make a note(Momentos from Large..." And the other one, skill-Wings of Death-lvl 5, is labeled on the card as lvl 6.

Again, such great stuff. Totally stoked to play this in a few months. Me and my boys are going to have such a great time. One of them is a huge Hulk fan. When I showed him the Nephilim he declared he was going to play as him. I think those skills will greatly please him!

And yes, this is my personal blog.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Thanks for pointing those out.

The Level 6 thing is actually a mistake I made when preparing the update,
it is a level 6 skill but I have placed it in the wrong section (this is what you get when you are pressured and rushed ). I have updated the click to enlarge image.

I am not 100% where the punctuation error is on the memento part, do you mean you think there should be a coma before the open bracket?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thorsten Schröder
Germany
Bonn
flag msg tools
badge
Loser at the 'Pursuit of Happiness Contest'
mbmbmbmbmb
And I think there's a typo on the Courtesan Callenge-Card.
At one point there's a challanged instead of a challenged.

Great Update. I can see the synergy in the nephalim-skilltree. Not yet feeling the courtesan but I guess that comes with playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian m
United States
flag msg tools
mb
From the card:
"At the end of each combat, you may choose to keep the head of one of your trophies, this is called a Momento make a note(Momentos from Large creatures counts as 2) Depending on the numbers of Momentos, use the following rules until the end of the Quest:"

Should probably be:
"At the end of each combat, you may choose to keep the head of one of your trophies; this is called a
Momento. Make a note. (Momentos from Large creatures countS as 2) Depending on the numberS of
Momentos, use the following rules until the end of the Quest:"

Hard to tell, but those 2 "S" should be dropped.
I hope this makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Cuthailion wrote:
And I think there's a typo on the Courtesan Callenge-Card.
At one point there's a challanged instead of a challenged.

Great Update. I can see the synergy in the nephalim-skilltree. Not yet feeling the courtesan but I guess that comes with playing.

Thanks! I fixed that.

One of my testers Chris, he absolutely love the Courtesan more than any other class in game. He went for the whole ranged approach and whenever he unloads a shot on a boss he gets so excited he has to mimic the many guns attached to his arms including the one in his hand to get that 1 shot kill.

But I actually like how everyone has a very different opinion of every character, means there is no one preferred and there is enough of a variety for a concrete choice

Lately I have been playing a lot of Nephilim in our playetests, there is a great satisfaction in being able to hold a giant sword in one hand and a shield in another, I feel like a Chaos Warrior on steroids

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
++++ ++++
Greece
flag msg tools
.. is here!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't gone through the last update thoroughly yet, but the first typo I noticed, is in the first line of the skill card 'Unstoppable'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
MauroP wrote:
I am not 100% where the punctuation error is on the memento part, do you mean you think there should be a coma before the open bracket?

I would put a comma here:

this is called a Momento, make a note

zeromaker wrote:
From the card:
Should probably be:
"At the end of each combat, you may choose to keep the head of one of your trophies; this is called a
Momento. Make a note. (Momentos from Large creatures countS as 2) Depending on the numberS of

The 1st "s" ie, counts, is fine, the 2nd "s" ie numbers, should be dropped so it reads number.

Skill Tree:

Leap

"... and place your miniature", using miniature kind of breaks the immersion, would it be better to use character?

Unstoppable

"The ammount of Fury ...". The whole card seems a bit clumsily worded. How about this:

"Once per turn you may unleash 2 Fury to regain spent Stamina and Health". Note, I'm not sure how this mechanic works so "Stamina and Health" might be "Stamina or Health". Actually now I've looked at the character sheet, it should probably read:

"Once per turn you may unleash 2 Fury to regain 1 Stamina or remove 2 Wounds".

Smash

rewording:

"Once landed, add a number of Damage to your first melee attack equal to the number of squares you have moved by."

Head Hunter (note the capitalisation!)

"1-2: Dissapointing for a true Nephilim!"

Spirit of Shurya

"... you may choose to take 1 miracle ..."

Character card Nephilim (both male and female)

3 AGILITY: For each point of Agillity you gain ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
mouldybanana wrote:
MauroP wrote:

I would put a comma here:

this is called a Momento, make a note

zeromaker wrote:
From the card:
Should probably be:

The 1st "s" ie, counts, is fine, the 2nd "s" ie numbers, should be dropped so it reads number.

Skill Tree:

Leap

"... and place your miniature", using miniature kind of breaks the immersion, would it be better to use character?

Unstoppable

"The ammount of Fury ...". The whole card seems a bit clumsily worded. How about this:

"Once per turn you may unleash 2 Fury to regain spent Stamina and Health". Note, I'm not sure how this mechanic works so "Stamina and Health" might be "Stamina or Health". Actually now I've looked at the character sheet, it should probably read:

"Once per turn you may unleash 2 Fury to regain 1 Stamina or remove 2 Wounds".

Smash

rewording:

"Once landed, add a number of Damage to your first melee attack equal to the number of squares you have moved by."

Head Hunter (note the capitalisation!)

"1-2: Dissapointing for a true Nephilim!"

Spirit of Shurya

"... you may choose to take 1 miracle ..."

Character card Nephilim (both male and female)

3 AGILITY: For each point of Agillity you gain ...

Thanks for the feedback!

The Head Hunter thing, it is simply the style of the font, it is using capital letters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
MauroP wrote:
The Head Hunter thing, it is simply the style of the font, it is using capital letters.
That's a bit disappointing, the other capital letters shown clearly looked the part, whereas the h is a bit lacking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
mouldybanana wrote:
MauroP wrote:
That's a bit disappointing, the other capital letters shown clearly looked the part, whereas the h is a bit lacking

It is a very standard celtic inspired font, and this is how they used to do "H".

I believe it is only in recent years with the evolution of typography that it got changed.

Here is a few examples:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
MauroP wrote:
It is a very standard celtic inspired font, and this is how they used to do "H".
Looking at your examples the capital h are all bigger than the lower case h, so I still think head hunter needs to be capitalised

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
mouldybanana wrote:
MauroP wrote:
Looking at your examples the capital h are all bigger than the lower case h, so I still think head hunter needs to be capitalised

If you look at those examples (which are EXACTLY the same proportion as the font we are using in Darklight) the curve of the capital "H" comes close to the height of any lower case letter which gives the impression the letter is not capitalized. It is bigger than a regular "h" but you do not see much of a difference.

As it stands now, it is correct.

From an aesthetic point of view? Probably could look clearer, but at this point it would require to spend days finding a free font and weeks to fix every single card in game and I think we better avoid that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
MauroP wrote:
From an aesthetic point of view? Probably could look clearer, but at this point it would require to spend days finding a free font and weeks to fix every single card in game and I think we better avoid that
Would changing the initial h to a bigger font size be a good enough quick fix?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mauro pane
United Kingdom
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
mouldybanana wrote:
MauroP wrote:
Would changing the initial h to a bigger font size be a good enough quick fix?

It is possible but not a very nice solution, quite clunky and untidy (especially if you need to create multiple line of text, the spacing would get all messed up).
I remember at some point in the past doing all capital "H" with a completely different font to make it similar to the H of new times roman but people who knows this type of Celtic-style font immediately pointed out that "it was wrong" and out of place, and that the original capital "h" is the correct way for this style of font.

In the end it is only a matter of tastes so nothing that technically needs fixing and at this stage of the project we have bigger HeadacHes to worry about

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian m
United States
flag msg tools
mb
mouldybanana wrote:

No.
*puts on grammar nerd cap*

It may be the difference between British English and American English, but the first "s" is not ok. Read it out loud. It sounds weird.
It either need to be
"Momentos from Large creatures count as 2"
Or
"Momentos from a Large creature counts as 2"

*takes off grammar nerd cap*

Game looks amazing. Keep up the great work, please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabrielle
Canada
Montreal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Momentos singular or plural here? Since it is the subject of the verb, there your answer lies

http://www.grammarbook.com/grammar/subjectVerbAgree.asp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.