Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game dead? I was expecting more talk about this game as time went on but the opposite happened. Seems like it's being sold cheaper now. Did it not do well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Maunder
Wales
Newcastle Emlyn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the action appears to be going on over on the Facebook group. I got it and liked the game well enough and still have the minis but I don't get to play it much atm for various reasons.

Part of the problem I think was that Spartan became a bit inconsistent with their support and basically took a year off releasing anything new while they released the ground command game. They also seem to be struggling to keep up with the demands from the multiple games they have so orders are often delayed and releases are pushed back and I think some people got fed up and went to dropfleet commander or something instead. Those that are left seem to be hardcore fans though and seem to be enjoying coming up with homebrew stuff while they wait for new stuff which seems to be trickling back again.

If you're on facebook and have an interest at all I would probably join the group there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I'll look over there and I'll consider getting it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Groll
Germany
Marburg
Hessen
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Checking out the official Spartan forums is also worth your time.

The status of the game...well, I guess it is alive, but Spartan is not the best company when it comes to continuously supporting their game systems with new model releases - because they are still a pretty small company and they have way too many systems in their portfolio. Currently they seem to be very busy with the fulfillment of their Dystopian Kickstarter.
New releases for Firestorm Armada are scheduled for later this summer, I guess that Halo will get some more love after that - probably in Q4 of this year or early next year. That is an extremely slow burn, but that doesn't make the game go away. There are plenty of models out there - more than enough for keeing your games varied...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.