19 Posts

Lords of Hellas» Forums » Rules

Subject: Building Monument special action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JF Kenis
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the rulebook, it's not pretty clear if the build monument special action is part of the special actions you must do during your turn, or if it's an additional special action that you can take after the other one.

Also, when you build a monument, all the priests are removed from the other monuments also ?

And it's said that building a monument ends the turn.. what if the first player build one ?

Im a bit confused bout that part of the rules ^^

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a regular action, it's a special action. It's clear as can be on the pic of the player boards.

Yes the first player count do that, but it doesn't really do anything so that would be a silly play and a waste of an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
it's one of 7 special action you can take.

yes all priesters are removed.

The round still ends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Vensko
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would also confirm that all priests for all players.

So there is a turn and there is a round. A turn is what a single player does... on his turn. Then next player goes etc. The round is completed when any player does Build Monument action.

On player's turn he...

Can do all of the above:
- move a priest
- move the hero
- move number of hoplites up to Leadership value
And then must do one of 6 special actions.
If a player cannot or don't want to do special action he must Build Monument.

> what if the first player build one ?

It is legal. If 4 players build monument as their first actions and if it is the same one monument then the game ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VDmitry wrote:
> what if the first player build one ?

It is legal. If 4 players build monument as their first actions and if it is the same one monument then the game ends.

Perhaps they should change the game length to 10 minutes and up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question, after all priests are dropped from monuments only player who build monument get's new priests to the priest pool? Or all players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Only the player who choosed "Build Monument" action will get new priests equal to the regions with temples under his control!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Vensko
Belarus
Minsk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Replect wrote:
Only the player who choosed "Build Monument" action will get new priests equal to the regions with temples under his control!

I have to disagree here. The rules don't seem precise because written by non-native english speakers, so there could be a confusion.

So they say "all priests from all monuments removed" and "they don't go to the player mat". If we treat that as you say that would mean that other players left with 0 priests. I can't believe in that. Because other players would have immeditely Build Monument again and again non-stop to get some priests (leaving other players with 0 etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VDmitry wrote:
Replect wrote:

I have to disagree here. The rules don't seem precise because written by non-native english speakers, so there could be a confusion.

So they say "all priests from all monuments removed" and "they don't go to the player mat". If we treat that as you say that would mean that other players left with 0 priests. I can't believe in that. Because other players would have immeditely Build Monument again and again non-stop to get some priests (leaving other players with 0 etc).

Yes, all other players are left with zero priests if they have none already. Only the player taking the action gets priests. It's much clearer on the actual player boards, that reads only 1 way. "Gain a priest for every temple YOU control".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, I've made some research and now i can confirm this that all players are left with zero priests if they had no priest available in their pool (on the player board) after one player build a monument.

For me it's very good as building monument don't give you any benefits, only monster movement. If there will be 0 or 1 monster on the board (because they are already dead) building monument is pointless

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AkitaInu wrote:
Yup, I've made some research and now i can confirm this that all players are left with zero priests if they had no priest available in their pool (on the player board) after one player build a monument.

For me it's very good as building monument don't give you any benefits, only monster movement. If there will be 0 or 1 monster on the board (because they are already dead) building monument is pointless

The player that took the action gets priests equal to the temples they control.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
From reading the rules I feel like the build monument action is a bit unregulated for such a powerful action that also affects the end of the round.

In my mind,it should have some prequisites for being triggered,for example the player having physical presence in the monuments they wanna build. That would make for interesting dynamics

What incentive does the player have NOT to build a monument almost constantly? What anti-"cheese" mechanic does the game have in case someone for example gets a bit ahead and then ends the game lightning fast?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DarkFlame92 wrote:
From reading the rules I feel like the build monument action is a bit unregulated for such a powerful action that also affects the end of the round.

In my mind,it should have some prequisites for being triggered,for example the player having physical presence in the monuments they wanna build. That would make for interesting dynamics

What incentive does the player have NOT to build a monument almost constantly? What anti-"cheese" mechanic does the game have in case someone for example gets a bit ahead and then ends the game lightning fast?

If they are taking constant monument actions, they ain't winning the game. They won't have the army to hold the monument. I've played this several times, it's never been an issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick JoJo
Greece
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Oh,they have to hold it? I thought when it's built,whoever has the most cities wins instantly.Must have been changed in the final rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, rules were changed regarding monuments and works better right now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Goppold
msg tools
Is it correct, that the player who hold the finished monument wins the game after 3 rounds?

So, when i build the fifth part and my opponent hold the region of the monument, after 3 rounds holding it he wins? Can he still use normal special actions, or is for 3 rounds "holding the monument" his special action? What happens, if he looses the region control to me? Do i have to hold it instead 3 rounds?

What is, if nobody hold the region of the finished monument?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Shepherdsville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alucardx8 wrote:
Is it correct, that the player who hold the finished monument wins the game after 3 rounds?

So, when i build the fifth part and my opponent hold the region of the monument, after 3 rounds holding it he wins? Can he still use normal special actions, or is for 3 rounds "holding the monument" his special action? What happens, if he looses the region control to me? Do i have to hold it instead 3 rounds?

What is, if nobody hold the region of the finished monument?

After 3 rounds, whomever has it wins. It doesn't matter who triggered it initially. Someone new taking it doesn't reset the timer. I don't think it's possible for someone not to have a control marker in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolai Goppold
msg tools
Yesterday Athena has been finished an noboday claimed the region :-)

So it is possible :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.