Dirt Mike
United States
Canoga Park
CA
flag msg tools
badge
The power of BGG compels you!
mbmbmbmbmb
yokohama has been a critical and popular success... but i, like many others, missed out on the kickstarter... any chance tmg runs another kickstarter for the deluxe copy any time soon?... or are the rest of us shut out of luck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Treebeard
United States
Joshua
Texas
flag msg tools
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
badge
I Design Broken Token Game Inserts
mbmbmbmbmb
TMG orders more then they need when doing the Kickstarter, they usually sell the over stock at conventions like Origins and Gen Con.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But other than those few copies, TMG is unlikely to do another print run of the deluxe version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Helms
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think similar to Orleans, the deluxe edition of Yokohama was a one-off - For the future only available at conventions or second hand copies (I am assuming).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TMG are selling a handful of copies at conventions. I spoke to Seth Jaffee at the UK games expo and he said the few deluxe copies TMG took there where snapped up before the hall opened to the public by other designers/demonstrators .
Your most realistic way of obtaining a copy would probably be geek market place or eBay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whitekid wrote:
yokohama has been a critical and popular success... but i, like many others, missed out on the kickstarter... any chance tmg runs another kickstarter for the deluxe copy any time soon?... or are the rest of us shut out of luck?

There are plenty of copies in the marketplace.

Of course, there is a premium. But you didn't put up any cash before the game became a "critical and popular success," so that seems fair.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are popping up on auctions if you pay attention. they are also going for $100+, so yea

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if it was explicitly stated somewhere or I just surmised: Mike Mindes likes games with deluxe components, and one of the reasons he runs the Kickstarters is to economically acquire "deluxified" games he enjoys.

I was kicking myself for choosing not to back Orléans: Deluxe Edition. So I backed Yokohama. I bet there will be another cool game he discovers and decides to run a Kickstarter for a "deluxified" version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Speicher
United States
Potomac Falls
VIRGINIA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
treebeardtheent wrote:
TMG orders more then they need when doing the Kickstarter, they usually sell the over stock at conventions like Origins and Gen Con.

They've stated that they offered a number of the overrun of the deluxe to already be purchased. They have a much smaller number of yoko than they had of orleans delux

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you search on ebay for "yokohama deluxe" you will be given a current listing of what is available. The screen is divided into two sections: the actual listings on the right and the filters on the left. Scroll down and near the bottom on the left hand side (filters) is a click button for "Sold Listings" under the "Show more" section. This is the price the game has been sold for the past couple of months on ebay.

This will give you an idea of what other people are paying for the game - not what the sellers are wanting to get. You will notice that the sold price has risen dramatically in June. The average price for the copies sold in June is $140 USD (not including any shipping).

Alternately, you could also buy the regular version and then purchase the "Pre-Order" Yokohama wooden resource components from Meeple Source. That gives you the resources but leaves you empty handed for the President and Assistant wooden Meeples as well as the Metal Coins and the few wooden bits for the Agents/Station/Start Player ship, etc... If those eventually became available through Meeple Source, your pricing will be probably more than what the current price on ebay is. Your call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When we do Deluxe kickstarters, we don't plan to do them again. Unfortunately we have fewer "extra" Yokohama than we had Orleans Deluxe.

Our next Deluxe kickstarter will be July 13th for my latest game Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done - don't miss it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thorben
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
...repeat...
badge
...long slow goodbye...
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
When we do Deluxe kickstarters, we don't plan to do them again. Unfortunately we have fewer "extra" Yokohama than we had Orleans Deluxe.

Our next Deluxe kickstarter will be July 13th for my latest game Crusaders: Thy Will Be Done - don't miss it!

But you (or DLP) still sell Fan-Kits for Orléans on the DLP Website.
Do you plan something similar with Yokohama?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thorbman wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:

But you (or DLP) still sell Fan-Kits for Orléans on the DLP Website.
Do you plan something similar with Yokohama?

DLP and TMG publish some of the same games but TMG distributes in North America while DLP does Europe. They are not the same company. That said, some North American sellers import DLP's versions to North America to sell.

The fan kit sold by DLP on their web site is completely different then what you got in the Deluxe version of Orleans. Instead of wooden discs, resources, metal coins that came in the Deluxe version, the DLP version gives wooden figures with stickers and components for a 5th player. No metal coins, no wooden resources.

This would be equivalent to purchasing Meeple Sources Yokohama Resource kit . It blings your copy with wooden resources but does not make it the same as the original Deluxe version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:

Why not plan to do it again, maybe even at a bit higher cost?

The prices on the market and ebay are getting so high it gets frustrated while a good chunk of people would jump right into a new preorder/kickstarter for a deluxe (Orleans or Yokohama or ...).

Also look at it as a compliment; people love the high production quality of TMG. I have Gold West and I absolutely love it. A deluxe version, especially from TMG ... give people a new chance for it please ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mirko Cano
France
Nice
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlliantieAJ wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:

The prices on the market and ebay are getting so high it gets frustrated while a good chunk of people would jump right into a new preorder/kickstarter for a deluxe (Orleans or Yokohama or ...).

Also look at it as a compliment; people love the high production quality of TMG. I have Gold West and I absolutely love it. A deluxe version, especially from TMG ... give people a new chance for it please ...

I agree with this. I played once the DeLuxe version and after that the retail version seems to be really underwhelming :-(
If there is a demand for Deluxe versions they should be sold (at a higher price than KS of course).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Perello
Canada
Salmo
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Want DnDeeples? I'm on Esty as MagnificentMeeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
mirkocano wrote:
AlliantieAJ wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:

I agree with this. I played once the DeLuxe version and after that the retail version seems to be really underwhelming :-(
If there is a demand for Deluxe versions they should be sold (at a higher price than KS of course).

I too played the Deluxe version, then bought the retail version without knowing what the differences were. I'll admit I was quite surprised by how different the components were, but the more I think of it the more I realize the components in the retail version are just fine, I kind of prefer the cardboard Shop and Trading houses and all the resources are perfectly fine. I am still disappointed with the assistants/cubes and the president token, but I'll just make my own little figures to replace them.

None of this changes the gameplay though, and that's what's important, isn't it? The retail version plays just as well as the deluxe version, and I'm just happy I get to play such an interesting game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:

This begs the question, why not? Surely it will be successful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Ehlers
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love you!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the exclusivity is part of the sell. I backed Yokohama without knowing anything about the game because I was impressed with Orleans and knew I could resell it if I didn't like it. If the deluxe edition was going to be retail available, then I wouldn't bother backing it. It's like going to a pop up restaurant or a show that's playing one weekend only. The uniqueness is part of the draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:
I'm pretty sure the exclusivity is part of the sell. I backed Yokohama without knowing anything about the game because I was impressed with Orleans and knew I could resell it if I didn't like it. If the deluxe edition was going to be retail available, then I wouldn't bother backing it. It's like going to a pop up restaurant or a show that's playing one weekend only. The uniqueness is part of the draw.

That can for sure be true but why not give people the possibility now?

By the way, look to Roxley Games, no kickstarter exclusives, very deluxe feel, very sucessfull.
Stonemaier Games is similar too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Cordell
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sirgalin wrote:

I just mean why not do another kickstarter with a kickstarter exclusive deluxe edition? I don't mean for it to be retail. They could even throw in a new expansion and justify the new kickstarter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chemist .
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want the deluxe version, go to eBay. There are a few listings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SDSUChemTA wrote:

Your missing the point... By the way, I'm not willing to pay huge prices and shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chemist .
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlliantieAJ wrote:
SDSUChemTA wrote:

Your missing the point... By the way, I'm not willing to pay huge prices and shipping.

Then you will not get the deluxe version. Be proactive, and control you can, and don't worry about what you can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alliantie AJ
Belgium
Rijkevorsel
België
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SDSUChemTA wrote:
AlliantieAJ wrote:
SDSUChemTA wrote:

Then you will not get the deluxe version. Be proactive, and control you can, and don't worry about what you can't.

Well some people hope to be able to get it on one way, you give another possiblity ... In the past I did your way several times, so I don't mind it ... but this is not to discus what or how ... just as the title states.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chemist .
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlliantieAJ wrote:
SDSUChemTA wrote:
AlliantieAJ wrote:
SDSUChemTA wrote:

Well some people hope to be able to get it on one way, you give another possiblity ... In the past I did your way several times, so I don't mind it ... but this is not to discus what or how ... just as the title states.

Someone about already stated above that they don't plan to do it anymore. Action is going to snag those last few remaining deluxe copies out there, not hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.