Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, sorry if this has been covered before. Had a fantastic game of MoM 2nd edition last night, but I saw that for both the (£36+ !!) expansions that have been released, you only get to play 1 additional mission each.

I don't use the plastic monsters at all - almost none of them fit in the bases, and the artwork on the tiles is so much nicer.

I gather from the forums that the Recurring Nightmares and Supressed Memories expansions are re-issues of 1st Edition expansions, which are potentially much cheaper.

My question is; considering I just use the tiles, not the plastic monster figures, could I buy the appropriate 1st edition expansions to successfully play these additional missions?

And if so, which expansions should I buy?

Will the 1st Edition tiles fit with the 2nd Edition tiles? (both in terms of size and quality?)

Many thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Pond
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would recommend buying the 2nd edition expansions, as they are more easily to come by and cheaper. The 1st edition stuff, especially the two expansions, are like collectors items now and sell way over retail price now.
As for the content: Recurring Nightmares contains the tiles and figures from the 1st ed base game while Suppressed Memories contains the two expansions. As for what to get i would recommend reading the two scenario descriptions to decide which sounds more interesting to you. Also which monsters would you like to fight (or run from) more? They get chosen randomly in other scenarios too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you think you will play the first edition (and it is a great game in itself), it may be worth the effort and expense of chasing the game and its expansions down.

If not, the 2E packs are the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Burgess
United Kingdom
Chichester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys! That's all been very helpful.

I don't think I'll get anything first edition, because I won't play the game with a DM (or whatever the appropriate term is).

Still, so expensive for only two extra missions! I hope it adds a LOT of variability to the other missions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.