Jesse Miller
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Punk Rock Warlord
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, now I tend toward literal rule interpretations, and games with vague rules drive me nuts (yeah I'm looking at you arkham horror). WoW isn't so bad, at least compaired to Empires of the Ancient World, but the rules for placing cattle on the board have confused me a little.

When choosing the "buy cattle" option and opting to purchase two cows, the rules state "The first cattle placed must be placed in the lowest town on the map. Cattle can only be placed in the next highest town if more than half of the corral boxes have been filled in the previous town." Does this mean that if half of the corral boxes in the lowest town are filled that the first counter can go in the next highest town? If the first cattle counter goes in the lowest possible town, and the next TWO towns are half filled, could it go in the town three steps higher? Help!

Jesse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Cattle Conundrum
yossarians (#28282),

"Does this mean that if half of the corral boxes in the lowest town are filled that the first counter can go in the next highest town?"

Yes. You can put your next cattle in the lowest town or the next higher town (note: you must have a cowboy in town to place a cattle).

"If the first cattle counter goes in the lowest possible town, and the next TWO towns are half filled, could it go in the town three steps higher?"

You don't have to always place a cattle in the lowest town. You can place cattle to any town that is half filled with cattle and to the next higher town.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Cattle Conundrum
yossarians (#28282),

I have a similar issue with cattle placing.

Let's say there are two cattle in San Antonia, (corral size = 4). I choose buy cattle, and choose to buy two. Can I place one in San Antonia, (pushing over the half full status), and then place the second cattle tile in another town?

I've been playing yes, and I don't see anything that says that all cattle used in an action have to go to the same town but it is open for interpretation I think. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.