Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo Fontes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello folks!

Are there news about the second edition of this game? Where can I find it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CSI has it on pre-order with a release date of September, 13th, coming from Alderac.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Bongiu
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GSReis wrote:
CSI has it on pre-order with a release date of September, 13th, coming from Alderac.

This is correct. September is the release month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim Leenaerts
Belgium
Beerse
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGNicolas wrote:
GSReis wrote:

Are there changes from the first edition? I find the rules could be clearer and the fixed number of mission cards (no matter how many players) bothered me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a video on AEG's website. There are changes in the components, at least. I always disliked the cardboard stand-ups, which will be replaced with wooden pieces. However, only the captains are proper meeples. They look pretty cool, but mateys are... hats?! Quite disappointing, especially considering that I've come to expect plastic miniatures from AEG. But I would buy the game again even with nice meeples (for all workers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Fontes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Bongiu
France
Toulouse
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Iced One wrote:
AEGNicolas wrote:
GSReis wrote:

Are there changes from the first edition? I find the rules could be clearer and the fixed number of mission cards (no matter how many players) bothered me.

We re-flowed the rulebook and tried to make the rules clearer, yes.
The webpage for the product (https://www.alderac.com/oathofthebrotherhood) has a dowloadable rulebook and a short video from the Rules Girl.

We also upgraded the components (themed meeples for the pirate and crew, ship meeple).

While we did not increase the number of mission cards, we also included in the box the promo pack that was previously released separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Parga
Spain
Vigo
Pontevedra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any chance to have this game edited in Spanish?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Cranston
Netherlands
Rotterdam
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGNicolas wrote:
We also upgraded the components (themed meeples for the pirate and crew, ship meeple).

While we did not increase the number of mission cards, we also included in the box the promo pack that was previously released separately.

What promo pack? I pre-ordered the 2015 edition at Spiel and only received 1 promo card (Sneaky John). Are there more promos? Why are they not listed on BGG?

Any chance people who have the 2015 edition can get the new components/promos for a small fee (maybe at Spiel)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante Pendragon
United States
Montclair
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AEGNicolas wrote:

We re-flowed the rulebook and tried to make the rules clearer, yes.
The webpage for the product (https://www.alderac.com/oathofthebrotherhood) has a dowloadable rulebook and a short video from the Rules Girl.

So the difference in the second edition is a clearer written rulebook, upgraded components, and a promo pack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.