5 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Frigga's succor rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roozbeh Salehi
Iran
msg tools
When a player has frigga's succor upgrade card he can invade an additional warrior for free,he can do it when he invade by upgrade cards?(for example play a leader upgrade card and invade with leader)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There has been some dissent regarding this one here in the forums. The general consensus is that yes, you can.

Some argue that, due to a particular ruling regarding Frigga's Succor and Loki's Blessing ("If you lose a battle, you may invade that province with a warrior for free."), you couldn't because you're not taking an invade action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
mdaffonso wrote:
There has been some dissent regarding this one here in the forums. The general consensus is that yes, you can.

Some argue that, due to a particular ruling regarding Frigga's Succor and Loki's Blessing ("If you lose a battle, you may invade that province with a warrior for free."), you couldn't because you're not taking an invade action.

Yup. But as far as I know, Thiago has stated that Succor is a real invasion as defined in the book.
Where Loki actually isn't an invasion and had better be defined as "place a warrior in that province".

So yes, we play that with every invasion Frigga adds a warrior.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
mdaffonso wrote:

Yup. But as far as I know, Thiago has stated that Succor is a real invasion as defined in the book.
Where Loki actually isn't an invasion and had better be defined as "place a warrior in that province".

So yes, we play that with every invasion Frigga adds a warrior.

I think you may have gotten a little mixed up there. Succor is not an invasion. It triggers off of an invasion.

The question (which to me sounds a bit silly and complete off when considering the context of the original discussion was with regards to Loki's Blessing) is whether the free invasion you get from upgrading a unit or a monster counts as an actual invade action. I feel it's more of a devil's advocate question than a serious one, but it's there, nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
mdaffonso wrote:
The question (which to me sounds a bit silly and complete off when considering the context of the original discussion was with regards to Loki's Blessing) is whether the free invasion you get from upgrading a unit or a monster counts as an actual invade action. I feel it's more of a devil's advocate question than a serious one, but it's there, nonetheless.

Yes I would have been more specific, sorry for that cool ..

I'd say it is not the upgrade that triggers Frigga but the free invasion that you get as a result.
Factually, I'd say you do an upgrade AND an invasion that turn. The latter triggers Succor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.