Vladimir Teneslav
Romania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
This is a project just for fun, and I use the game to play with my game groups. I wanted to share it with you guys as I think some of you might appreciate it.

Teams are made, red vs blue and each player in each team draws 2 class cards. Players then take turn to put down on the battlefield one card from hand, while not showing the other. When placing a card on the battlefield players may decide if they reveal it or not. Unrevealed cards are placed face down and come into play next turn but with a very powerful ability, like the Spy backstabbing an enemy, instantly killing it, or the engineer placing a structure. Revealed characters also have some abilities, but not so hardcore.

Each round players play characters and items and must end the round with characters alive. The game is all about scoring points, and alive characters give points and progress the objective.

The fun of the game is that players make combos depending on what the team members play. If I play a heavy then my team member may play a medic, boosting my health. But if the enemy player has an unrevealed sniper, then a character will receive a head shot. This is just a brief explanation, as there are quite some fun moments at the table, with demomans making everyone change places on the battlefield and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWIW "team vs team cooperative game" is confusingly contradictory. If one team is trying to beat the other team, then it is not a "cooperative game" (which means that all players win or lose together.) It's simply a team game!

E.g. Bridge has 2 teams of 2 players each, but Bridge is not a coop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks very nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I do have a side comment: I used to play a lot of these squad-level first person shooter games on the PC in the 1990's. The thing I loved is the interaction between 6-12 players on the same team ... meaning 12-24 people in the game in total.

So if we're talking Team Fortress, that's the level of gameplay that I'd like. BUT it's hard to get more than 4 people to play individual squad members. And that's why I think any game like this needs to abstract the gameplay somewhat to allow members of a team to control more than 1 squad member ... or indeed, allow for control of the entire squad.

And that's what I found in Risk Battlefield Rogue. And I think you can find other "Risk" games that take that concept of squad-controlled by the team to an enjoyable level. The other one that I own but haven't played yet is (edit)
Risk: Star Wars Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.