Popular Tags: [View All]
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worked hard at getting enough minis painted up for a tutorial, although I didn't finish them yet:

I thought this video was going to be short but it ended up being over an hour so I had to break it up into two. The first one is a walkthrough of the beginning of the introductory quest and the second is going through miscellaneous rules. I know I didn't cover everything and I missed some rules. This game requires keeping track of a lot of stuff!

Tell me if you see any wrong things so I can post corrections in the video.
  • [+] Dice rolls
luis
Spain
Jerez de la Frontera
Cadiz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great videos!

Only one missing, all the doors triggers trap cards.

Page 11
Quote:
Each time a hero opens any kind of door, a chest,
Also in page 23
Quote:
A hero not engaged in combat, in front of a chest or a locked door, can
bash and open it by spending the Action. Once done, draw a trap card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keiwa wrote:
Great videos!

Only one missing, all the doors triggers trap cards.
Thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the video, great work.

One important thing, the spear is misprinted and is actually an emporium weapon that costs 60gold Source
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelteel wrote:
One important thing, the spear is misprinted and is actually an emporium weapon that costs 60gold Source

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow that's really harsh about the spear.

We had 5 heroes in my game and the only weapons left for me using the swordsman was a spear or a dagger.

Rylan doesn't start with and damage abilities so basically in the first game I would have been doing nothing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alvin Lo

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In the video, looks like we can change the order of activation after each time phase. Is that true? I didn't see that in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Martinez
United States
California
flag msg tools
alvinltlo wrote:
In the video, looks like we can change the order of activation after each time phase. Is that true? I didn't see that in the rule book.
Yeah, each turn you decide what order the heroes activate. Admittedly, it took me a bit of getting used to because I'm more familiar with predetermined/permanent order but it is really nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: I get distracted ea - SQUIRREL!Microbadge: Rules readerMicrobadge: My Favorite Contribution to BGGMicrobadge: I sleeve everythingMicrobadge: I survived the Mayan apocalypse
alvinltlo wrote:
Page 14:

ah, puckernuts... some sort of PDF setting prohibits copying text from it into the clipboard, so you won't be getting the rules quoted to you. Page 14, left column, a bit more than halfway down.

Edit:

So... we just need a PDF viewer which doesn't honor that setting...

Quote:
Players may carry out their turns (always hero first and then enemy) in any order, until the last player finishes his turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sgbeal wrote:
So... we just need a PDF viewer which doesn't honor that setting...
I use Okular, when I highlight some text and bring up the right-click menu I get a greyed out option "Copy forbidden by DRM", so I thought that sucks. But simply using ctrl-c does copy it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Microbadge: Video Game ArtistMicrobadge: Obsidian Entertainment fanMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Silence! I kill you!Microbadge: Get off my lawn!
Nice work on both the videos and painted minis! You are so fast!

You also have the coolest man cave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job, both the painting and the videos!

Still unsure if I should spend my hobby time making videos for this, or painting it, and you've made my choice a bit easier!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
RemiBureau wrote:
Great job, both the painting and the videos!

Still unsure if I should spend my hobby time making videos for this, or painting it, and you've made my choice a bit easier!
Agreed! Great Job, Bum Kim! Love your gaming space too cool

Thank you so much for this - it helps me confirm what I know or don't. Very very helpful.

... and the paint job - WOW.wow

I'm planning on only painting the heroes, but sigh ... I love how those look on the table all painted up. You're making it difficult for me to resist the urge to paint everything. laugh

Again ... thank you so much for this!

BTW - I love how you indicate Green/Blue/Red enemies. Very intuitive and immersive. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike McCarthy
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonderful paint job!

The table looks sweet. Is it custom built?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
edparkmike1 wrote:
Wonderful paint job!

The table looks sweet. Is it custom built?
Expect to be inspired

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I got so far

We had a similar idea as to how to identify the ranks, but I went with a black base with color-coded side, and added a simgle black line or double black line along the edges for enemy 1 and 2 of both lower ranks.

Raiders are half-way now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Holder
United States
Murrieta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RemiBureau wrote:
Here is what I got so far

We had a similar idea as to how to identify the ranks, but I went with a black base with color-coded side, and added a simgle black line or double black line along the edges for enemy 1 and 2 of both lower ranks.

Raiders are half-way now!
Great idea on the marks to identify them. I may draw some glyphs or something more fantasy on the edge. Nice paint job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Holder
United States
Murrieta
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bumyong wrote:
Worked hard at getting enough minis painted up for a tutorial, although I didn't finish them yet:

I thought this video was going to be short but it ended up being over an hour so I had to break it up into two. The first one is a walkthrough of the beginning of the introductory quest and the second is going through miscellaneous rules. I know I didn't cover everything and I missed some rules. This game requires keeping track of a lot of stuff!

Tell me if you see any wrong things so I can post corrections in the video.
Minis look great. Can you make a video tutorial on how you paint? I've watched other stuff on painting minis but it would be cool to see a S&S specific painting tutorial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Valindor wrote:
Minis look great. Can you make a video tutorial on how you paint? I've watched other stuff on painting minis but it would be cool to see a S&S specific painting tutorial.
Sorry, Tim, I don't have plans on posting a painting tutorial for S&S because I use exactly the same method as with my Shadows of Brimstone minis:

Since the making of the video, I have purchased and used Army Painter's quickshades in the smaller dropper bottles--just the strong and dark tone:

I still use my home-made mix with Future Floor Wax but depending on the circumstances go back and forth.

If you want an even faster painting method, I've posted a dipping tutorial using Minwax polyurethane stain:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Urlryn
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
What is the acrylic card holder (top left) that your using in the one picture?

Thanks
Urlryn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Urlryn wrote:
What is the acrylic card holder (top left) that your using in the one picture?

Thanks
Urlryn
If you go to the details below the first video in Youtube you will see a link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, someone talked me into making a quick painting tutorial for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
Microbadge: Video Game ArtistMicrobadge: Obsidian Entertainment fanMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Silence! I kill you!Microbadge: Get off my lawn!
Nice work Bum! You are really fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bum Kim
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
Nice work Bum! You are really fast.
Have to be, Scott! You and I have that final shipment of Shadows of Brimstone to paint up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Ulrich
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I love your videos! I have watched your S&S vids several times. Do you think after a while you could do a full run through of the first mission? I appreciate that your first video was more "spoiler free" but I (and probably many others) have finished the first mission and would love to see it in its entirety to make sure we have done everything correctly.

When the story event cards are active, do you refrain from drawing event cards until that event is over?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |