Nemo's War (second edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Is this coming to retail in th UK? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Elliott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Ive looked everywhere and I cant find any pre-orders or any real information on retail availability in the UK? Im hoping I just missed the info?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bate
United Kingdom
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter is only just being fulfilled so it may be a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hristo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
This is a limited print run of 2500 copies. The only place you will be able to purchase this game in the UK is gameslore.co.uk as there will be no retail distribution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisonfire wrote:
This is a limited print run of 2500 copies. The only place you will be able to purchase this game in the UK is gameslore.co.uk as there will be no retail distribution.

Where did you get the 2500 number from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Feather
Japan
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisonfire wrote:

The print run number doesn't seem right. There are 3,000 Kickstarter backers alone. Can you clarify that statement and provide some corroboration?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kulky wrote:
Ive looked everywhere and I cant find any pre-orders or any real information on retail availability in the UK? Im hoping I just missed the info?

It's possible that a few online stores may get a few copies - boardgameguru and Leisure Games have stocked VPG games in the past.

I believe VPG games don't come through the normal distribution route in the UK. They are ordered directly by the retailer. The Kickstarter model doesn't work very well for retailers, where tying up a lot of money for multiple copies of a game, for an unknown length of time, is not necessarily a good business model.

It's probable there are going to be some retail copies available from VPG, but I haven't seen a figure anywhere of exactly how many copies VPG have had printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Jannin
France
SAUTRON
Loire Atlantique
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rlux202 wrote:
chrisonfire wrote:

The print run number doesn't seem right. There are 3,000 Kickstarter backers alone. Can you clarify that statement and provide some corroboration?

2500 copies for 3000 backers ? That probably explain why no European (excluding our U.K. Friends) backers got their copies.

Just joking

(I hope)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Elliott
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Well damn. Didnt expect the news to be this grim. Looks like I may be out of luck. I will try the places you suggested but I cant see anything in the online store. Thanks for the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kulky wrote:
Well damn. Didnt expect the news to be this grim. Looks like I may be out of luck. I will try the places you suggested but I cant see anything in the online store. Thanks for the info.

There's a few people selling their KS copies in some UK Facebook Groups I'm in. Happy to ask around if you lemme know your budget including shipping. Most are about the same as the original KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Stoakes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boardgameguru.co.uk are listing it but with no price info (meaning it's not yet in stock). They are a UK importer of VPG games. I'm a late pledger and have yet to receive any shipping info. So it may be weeks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

An excellent question! Not from the publisher (me).

I think that 2,500 print run sounds about right for DAWN OF THE ZEDS 3 (we really couldn't afford to print more at that time and WAY under printed that game), but NEMO'S WAR was around 5,000 (if memory serves; I don't have the exact number here). What that means is, after the KS orders have all been fulfilled, and then the Pledge Manager pre-orders, etc. -- of whatever remains unaccounted for, SOME will be available to stores.

You still need to be a little patient to allow stores a chance to get them, and I don't know how fast the Nautilus might sail across their sheleves, but if a store really wants NEMO'S WAR it should be able to get a copy or three for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

I think that 2,500 print run sounds about right for DAWN OF THE ZEDS 3 (we really couldn't afford to print more at that time and WAY under printed that game), but NEMO'S WAR was around 5,000 (if memory serves; I don't have the exact number here). What that means is, after the KS orders have all been fulfilled, and then the Pledge Manager pre-orders, etc. -- of whatever remains unaccounted for, SOME will be available to stores.

You still need to be a little patient to allow stores a chance to get them, and I don't know how fast the Nautilus might sail across their sheleves, but if a store really wants NEMO'S WAR it should be able to get a copy or three for a while.

Thanks Alan!

Do you know if the retails copies will include the KS stretch goals (I think so) as well as the drawbags (not so sure)?

I'm sorry I didn't back the game at the time..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
The Diamond Geezer wrote:
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

Thanks Alan!

Do you know if the retails copies will include the KS stretch goals (I think so) as well as the drawbags (not so sure)?

I'm sorry I didn't back the game at the time..

There were no stretch goals - if you were a backer you got the draw bags and a pin. That's it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
All gameplay content is in the Retail version of the game.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both for your answers!

So no drawbag in the retail edition then. No big deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasber Floob
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing on GamesLore or BoardGameGurur - anywhere else for uk people to find this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Butcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I know I'm crazy late to this party! Does anyone know where I can get a copy in the UK or if a reprint KS is going to happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrahamButcher wrote:
I know I'm crazy late to this party! Does anyone know where I can get a copy in the UK or if a reprint KS is going to happen?

They have expressed interest in doing a reprint KS but for some reason they can't launch it until 2018.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A H
England
Hemel Hempstead
Herts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
GrahamButcher wrote:

I bought a copy from Leisure Games (https://leisuregames.com) about 10 days ago, and it's still listed as available on their website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.