Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a painter and love minis. Just wondering if the metal are nice quality. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tollas McClane
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're currently getting 14-15 minis for only £12. Quality will be at least as good as pvc, should be much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rvrratt wrote:
I'm a painter and love minis. Just wondering if the metal are nice quality. Thanks.

Do a search on their previous KS, which had metal miniatures : "human interface - nakamura tower miniatures metal".

Quote:
You're currently getting 14-15 minis for only £12.

I'm guessing that you have to pledge for the higher pledge to get the metal miniatures at this price. Lemme know if there's a way to pick up only the metal miniatures at this price. The add-ons are, of course, more expensive than 14-15 minis for only £12.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Baker
United States
St. Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
A good man's steps are ordered by the Lord
mbmbmbmbmb
Look great. Thanks for the input guys. Just upped my pledge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Maddalena
United States
Fort Meade
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record...

I was incredibly impressed by the quality of their metal. Not just the sculpts... the first ten for Nakamura Tower were just so-so in that department. The actual metal quality was awesome, just below the models for GCT Studios' Bushido, who I consider to be the top of the list for metal quality. Corvus Belli's Infinity has softer metal, Knight Models has tons of defects like pock marks and terrible part sorting.

The only qualms I have are the sockets, which are often partially filled. I had to clip and file the sockets on my drones until they were flat, as they just didn't fit. Minor hobbyist skills like pinning and sanding will be very helpful to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Matheson
United States
Norman
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw these minis up close (from the first game). They were the Cops and Black Stone Commandos. Yes they are cool 28mm miniatures. If that is what you like/need yes I recommend them. That means they are of the same size as any other 28mm miniature (and use those little round black slotted bases you know well). So yes they'd fit in size to Infinity for example, but also older games like the older Warzone or VOID, VOR and games like that. But these are like Infinity quality mini's. I really like that Banshee model personally and the robotic dog.

I also love the drones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.