United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Hand. Cannot. Erase.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, all -

My family is interested in playing but the theme of Asylum seems like it might not work well for a couple of reasons. So I've bought the Prophecy of Dragons expansion for us to play instead, and we're going to start with that. I've read the rulebook and watched Rahdo's video, and feel ready to go. Is there anything we should know as new players before we dive in?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
Having played the core game and marcy case, and playing one run of Dragons, I didn't see anything that would require you to have played the earlier games. There are definitely some tricky rules that are easy to miss, so give yourself a little slack, and make sure to completely re-read the rules after your first playthrough. The way the dice and time units work can be a bit confusing until you've gotten the hang of it. You also may want to pick characters that don't use magic for your first run, to simplify things a bit more, but that's a pretty small thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You should read the T.I.M.E Agents' Handy Field Manual, or at least have it accessible while on a run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Hand. Cannot. Erase.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, both of you. We played through it last night with no problems. Reading through the rulebook 2x plus a video was sufficient to keep us from getting confused. Good stuff!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.