7 Posts

Zombicide: Black Plague» Forums » General

Subject: Guidelines for adding in expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Jones
Ireland
flag msg tools
So this game has a lot of add-ons and unless I'm missing something absolutely no guidelines on how to integrate these with the base game. I'm wondering is there any agreed upon way to add Necromancers, Abominations, New Z types, Gear etc. to the game. Do we just bung it all in? Do you use the ratios from the base rules but swap things in and out? Any pitfalls to look out for?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pickelsimer
United States
Piedmont
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Uthred wrote:
So this game has a lot of add-ons and unless I'm missing something absolutely no guidelines on how to integrate these with the base game. I'm wondering is there any agreed upon way to add Necromancers, Abominations, New Z types, Gear etc. to the game. Do we just bung it all in? Do you use the ratios from the base rules but swap things in and out? Any pitfalls to look out for?

Normally I randomly deal in 6 Necromancer cards. As for Abominations that is where the biggest problems can come in to play. Adding them all in will cover the board with them. I normally keep the standard abomination and then use one special abomination. As for the rest of the cards I just throw them all in the deck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Harman
United States
Ontario
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Step 1) throw everything in.
Step 2) laugh maniacally

In all seriousness, for bp I included one of each special abom, one of each special necro. All basic aboms, all other zombies. Except only half the npc spawn cards.

For gh, I plan to include 8 necromancer spawn cards (and make a special deck of necromancers I'll draw from when a necro spawn comes up. I'll likely do something similar with special aboms.
I'll also throw the rest of the NPCs in.

Not sure what I'm gonna do with bursters yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Blasco

Brier
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
With Black Plague and all of the kickstarter stuff, I added in one spawn card for each abomination, and one for each necromancer. Then I added in all of the cards for the other expansions (wolves, deadeyes, etc.). When we play, we choose one special abomination type and one special zombie type (such as the troll and the deadeyes). When we pull a card from a different type (like wolves or minotaur), we discard it and draw again. This allows us to not have to remake the spawn deck each game, while still using a portion of the expansions each time. With everything it becomes too much.

If you're new to zombicide, play a couple of games without the expansions first to get a feel for it, then add things in slowly. It's easy to chuck it all in, and then lose every single time you play in the first 15 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The goal is to kill a lot of zombies and then either just barely get out alive or be really close before being totally destroyed. There are many, many ways to make things either easier or more difficult. You need to find the balance that works for you. It is also possible to change things on the fly mid-game in case you've made things too easy or too difficult. A good rule of thumb is to basically add everything, then in later games ease back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Slade
msg tools
mbmb
Throw everything in and see how you go. I have found most of it all works well together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Williams
Wales
Ammanford
Carmarthenshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I add things sparingly. I have my main spawn deck, which is the basic BP one, minus the necromancers and abominations-at-blue. Then I add ten to twelve cards.

so maybe I wanna have Grin (3 cards) Regular necromancer (3 cards) wulfz (4 cards) and the Ablobination (2 cards).

Or have a really active Abominator (5 cards) and few deadeyes (3 cards) and a selection of potential necromancers (4 assorted).

I try to not dilute the main deck too much, and keep my games feeling different. The deck gets reshuffled multiple times per game, so while 2 Ablobination cards don't sound like much, it's 5-10 activations for the sucker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.