Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Parsons
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We ended the evening on a much lighter note. All five of us played a quick game of High Society. The first card drawn was the nine (out of cards valued 1-10). My strategy going in was to win a decent sized card and a doubler. Since this was a decent sized card I bid seriously for it. I won it for $30 something. The next card was a doubler, but the price went too high for me and Jared won it. Another doubler came up soon after that John won. After George won the 2 and 10 and Chris won the 5 the third doubler came up. The price again went too high for me and Chris won it this time. John then won a 6 to go with his doubler. At this point George was in the lead with 12 but he spent heavily on both of them, John had 12 from doubling his 6, Jared had a doubler but nothing to double, Chris had 10 and I had nine points. The tie-breaker was the person with the highest single card. If it came down to it George had the tie-breaker. The next card to come up was the three. Added to my nine I would be tied with George and John and have the tie-breaker agains John in case George had spent too much money. One of the twists of this game is that whoever has the least amount of money left at the end of the game automatically loses regardless of how many points he has. I won the three with what I thought was a reasonable amount. The next card to show up was the fourth red card, signalling the end of the game. We counted up how much money we had left. I had $50 which was lower than everyone except for George. George had $49 and was ineligible to win. I had the tie-breaker against John and won the game. We finished a game with exactly nine auctions. This is a really fun game that requires a small bit of thought that takes less than 20 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.