Subject: Epic Super Hero Civil War issues? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Charles Burke
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, is it just me or is this scheme virtually impossible for single player.

4 Heroes (56 Cards)
9 Schemes (45 cards KO'd)
6 Heroes (5 HQ and 1 in Hero Deck)
5 cards that can be purchased

So, what? Buy Shirld officers and Sidekicks until you can afford the big guns as they come through the HQ. Sadly I don't really see that as a realistic option for defeating the Mastermind with mainly basic cards and a few higher end cards.

What y'all think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't really understand what the problem is. I don't play solo, so maybe there's something I'm missing. Why can't you buy heroes?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomer Mlynarsky
Israel
flag msg tools
I'm not sure I understand what the problem here is.

You simply need to defeat the mastermind before the deck runs out - aka too many twists are drawn from the deck.

It's not different than say Dark Portals or Cosmic Cube which are essential timer based missions.

The scheme itself doesn't punish you in anyway, like forcing you to discard or increase mastermind or something.

So you just need shop a bit careful, that's all.

Heck, what's the difference between that and blowing up the shield HQ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Worley
United States
Rosemount
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Scheme is actually easier in Advanced Solo than the original Superhero Civil War Scheme is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Charles is just saying that this timer goes too fast -- that there's not enough time to recruit good cards and then defeat the Mastermind 4 times before the Hero deck runs out.

On the first Scheme Twist you KO 1 Hero from HQ. On the 2nd, you KO 2. On the 3rd, you KO 3, etc. So after 6 of the 9 Scheme Twists, you've KO'd 21 of the 56 cards in the Hero Deck -- almost half.

I haven't tried this Scheme yet, but the nice thing about it is that you get to choose which Heroes get KO'd from the HQ. So when the 5th Twist is drawn, you don't just pick up all the Heroes in the HQ and dump them all -- you pick one of them to remove and then immediately replace it. Then you do that again -- 5 times. So if there are cards that you really want to recruit, you can keep them there. This gives you an even better chance of recruiting exactly the cards that you need for your deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tried this Scheme with a random set up and almost won.

Mastermind: Professor X
Villain: Uncanny Avengers
Henchmen: Multiple Man
Heroes: Silk, Stature, Thanos, Captain Marvel

I used the Advanced Solo Rules.

Professor X was pretty tricky with this Scheme because he captures Heroes from the HQ to build up his power.

I focused mostly on recruiting Silk and she was great. By the time the 7th Twist was played, the Hero deck only had 3 cards left. But I had hit Professor X twice. On my last turn, I had enough Fight to hit him twice more, ending the game, but the first Tactic I drew gave him the last 3 Heroes in the deck as pawns, emptying the Hero deck. So close!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.