Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Do what you can, with what you've got, where you are.
mbmbmbmbmb
Like the subject says, who has the new edition?

I backed it in KS.

Anybody received their copy yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed it got a couple months ago and have played it twice. I enjoy it a lot have plans to play again in a couple weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed it and received it in February. My family has enjoyed playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgabbert wrote:
I backed it and received it in February. My family has enjoyed playing it.

Thanks.

I'm still waiting to receive mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure you should have it long before now. Reach out to them about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
venrondua wrote:

I contacted them as was told Australian backers are special and we should receive our games by the end of June. I assume they are talking about 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milan
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
venrondua wrote:

I contacted them as was told Australian backers are special and we should receive our games by the end of June. I assume they are talking about 2017.

Australian backers are special?
I'll remember that quote when my son asks for an ice-cream for breakfast on a hot sunny day..."No son, you cant have ice-cream until late afternoon, coz you're special!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Wonson
Australia
Wollongong
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some are more special than others.

David,
Jason and Darrel also still waiting for theirs....poor service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David and Other Aussie Backers

The last 2 TMG Kickstarters (Colosseum and Yokohama) are being shipped together to Australia. Don't ask me why, but I suspect, this is to save TMG a $#ite load of money on shipping costs.
Money that you & I have already paid for in our pledges.

I backed Yokohama and like you are also waiting for it to arrive.
Backers of both of these games from other countries have been playing them for over two months.....(insert your favorite expletive here).

I have send Mr Mindes at least one message on kickstater... asking why the HUGE delay for Australians/Kiwis backers....as expected, no response.
It seems to me somewhat underhanded and the silence from TMG has not helped.

Needless to say this is my last TMG KS. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
venrondua wrote:

Wow I had no idea. I'm used to campaigns where shipping is done at the same time. Depending on the distribution centre locations and where one lives there would of course be people who received their games sooner than others, but not by this margin. Usually this was a sigh something went wrong with ones package.

That sucks but at least it's not lost... I hope

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBaggy wrote:

The last 2 TMG Kickstarters (Colosseum and Yokohama) are being shipped together to Australia. Don't ask me why, but I suspect, this is to save TMG a $#ite load of money on shipping costs.

Backers of both of these games from other countries have been playing them for over two months.....(insert your favorite expletive here).

I have send Mr Mindes at least one message on kickstater... asking why the HUGE delay for Australians/Kiwis backers....as expected, no response.

Needless to say this is my last TMG KS. angry

I, too, sent Mr Mindes a message.

Guess what?

I didn't get a reply either. I guess he don't minde and he don't care.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cleal
Australia
Port Kembla
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:
MrBaggy wrote:

Needless to say this is my last TMG KS. :angry:

I, too, sent Nr Mindes a message.

Guess what?

I didn't get a reply either.

Still nothing yet for me David. My last TMG kickstarter ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay shipinski
United States
Elmwood Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMG is Ponzi scheme at its finest. They frequently fund games with future sales and even expanded their people on payroll with kickstarter funds. I no longer buy TMG. I might consider 2nd hand because it's no money in their pocket from me, but I haven't bought from them since Village debuted and my Coin Age Kickstarter which was delayed 8 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
TMG has always been super cool with me. I have kicked a number of their things and have always gotten what I was owed. I got Colosseum without any issues.

The Ponzi Scheme thing seems way off base to me. Your argument seems to be the company made money and then used that to hire more people?! Did people actually not get their things. A ponzi scheme implies that in the end it is all going to tumble down and TMG isn't going to supply a product.

You got your item 8 months late. Late isn't the same as not delivered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for Colosseum.

Why should some customers receive their copies soooo much later than others?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Griffiths
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
da pyrate wrote:

Why should some customers receive their copies sooooi much later than others?

Do you want TMG to physically move Australia so it was easier for them to ship to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poddster wrote:
da pyrate wrote:

Do you want TMG to physically move Australia so it was easier for them to ship to?

Don't insult my intelligence with inane rhetorical questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kon Stavrinos
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poddster wrote:
da pyrate wrote:

No of course not.

But lying to us about the shipping to Australia along with other countries, and then then shipping it together with Yokohama two months later to save them on postage costs, when backers had already paid for the shipping of each project separately.

Yeah, I suppose that's OK.

When all other major continents have had their copies delivered and were being played, we sat here for two months not knowing what was going on with our copies and from TMG, crickets.....

VERY underhanded operations by TMG and rightly pointed out as shenanigans by Australian backers.

You can sing their (TMG's) praises all you like.
I for one will not be backing anymore of their KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Griffiths
United Kingdom
Aylesbury
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrBaggy wrote:

But lying to us about the shipping to Australia along with other countries,

Lying? A look back at all Kickstarter updates for Colosseum and they always seem to indicate that Australia will be later than others, and when they finally give a date (in May) it's "end of June", and 3 days ago there was an update that they've cleared customs. So from their update I can't see lying. But maybe they lied to you in some other communication method?

When did you expect to get your copy? And why did you expect to get it on that date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradley
Australia
Belconnen
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another kick in the guts: this is now available in retail stores here in Australia. Listed "In Stock" at four Oz retailers, not including Ozgameshop.

EDIT: Looking at the KS comments they have had stock available for over a month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik 592
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poddster wrote:
MrBaggy wrote:

But lying to us about the shipping to Australia along with other countries,

Lying? A look back at all Kickstarter updates for Colosseum and they always seem to indicate that Australia will be later than others, and when they finally give a date (in May) it's "end of June", and 3 days ago there was an update that they've cleared customs. So from their update I can't see lying. But maybe they lied to you in some other communication method?

When did you expect to get your copy? And why did you expect to get it on that date?

Actually, the first time TMG told us we could expect our copies was earlier - the update from April 22 stated that games had left their warehouse and should be in Australia in about 4 weeks. 4 weeks later (the update you refer to), they then bring out the late June/early July date, with no explanation as to why.

Additionally, yes, at the end of June, they told both Yokohama and Colosseum backers that the games had cleared customs, and specifically Colosseum backers could expect to receive games by July 15. And now 3 days ago, Yokohama backers have been told that games have now cleared customs and are ready to be fulfilled. Colosseum backers have been told nothing since that end of June update (apart from Yokohama backers trying to pass on what info we have). And there's also the rather irritating issue of retail copies of Colosseum having been available for a not insignificant amount of time (and as I understand they are the same edition we are expecting, except for the KS-exclusive box sleeve).

I'm not sure I'd go as far as lying, but there's a big lack of transparency here as to what actually went so wrong and what kind of things they are planning to mitigate the problems for future Kickstarters (as they have promised in later campaigns), coupled with some serious mismanagement. I, like several others, won't be back for future TMG Kickstarter offerings. But at this point, I really don't think anyone in the TMG camp cares much about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik 592
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We seem to finally be getting some answers from people at TMG - see here: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26409302#26409302. There's supposed to be an update on KS incoming as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy arrived in Tassie today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik 592
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy also arrived yesterday, along with Yokohama the day before. Packaging was great but I am a little disappointed with the presentation of the game, particularly the senators, etc. and the fact that the stickers simply don't fit and I mostly don't like the silk screening. I suspect I'll be looking to replace them entirely with something more fitting. A shame, as I know the gameplay is good, but this version feels like a cheaper job (and not just because of the senators although that is a big part of it) than the original edition (which I know it out of print/ridiculously expensive) which is disappointing for a "deluxe" product.

As an aside, tracking would have been available and appreciated (all Aus Post parcels can be tracked these days, although that's probably a fair bit of manual work for a guy working out of his garage). Other Australian distributors seem to manage it though, and for decently cheaper rates too (Aetherworks, Unicorn Games and Games Capital have all been companies I've had experiences with in the past). Additionally if anyone from TMG is listening, there are still people on the comments page asking where their copy is so an update probably wouldn't go astray (although the last one that was promised didn't happen so I'm not hopeful) - at least confirming that all packages have been shipped, and when this happened so people have some idea of when to expect their packages. Or perhaps finding out from Mr Casano whether tracking numbers could be provided, if those whose games are still in transit contacted him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G. Cox Esq.
Australia
Lighthouse Beach
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
andywhite wrote:
I still can't get over how horrible the graphics are in this game. I've showed it to dozens of people and asked their opinions and I always get comments like, the guys who orchestrated this have no idea about aesthetics.

Side by side, the DoW edition has my vote as the real deluxe version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.