Popular Tags: [View All]
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
Base game title "Without making a purchase from Smuggler's Den, have at least one of each of the five types of Cargo Cubes in your hold."

Wouldn't getting five of one type of cube and then trading them all at Kei be just as easy as buying 5 different types at Smuggler's Den and therefore shouldn't it also not be allowed? (Ok its not JUST as easy, 2 planets instead of 1, but still way easier than 5.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It works with Kei. This issue came up a couple of times in play testing, and the concesus was that while it's a good tactic, it's not broken.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Miceli
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Dead Man's Doubloons
mbmbmbmbmb
Related, can you use cubes you already had in your hold before the title came out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Zielinski
United States
Jenks
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trading works fine to get Collector. You still need to acquire 5 cubes to begin with before trading to the correct 5.

Related, can you use cubes you already had in your hold before the title came out?

I like this questions. At first, I would think... Of course (unless they came from Smuggler's Den... but then the thought of keeping track of that would be a bear!

I would think, if you had all 5 cubes already in your hold (even if they came from the Smuggler Den) and THEN the card was revealed... you'd be eligible to claim it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why it wouldn't count. It's not like you have to earn 2 coins after Generous comes out to use that title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ChromiumAgeCollector wrote:
It works with Kei. This issue came up a couple of times in play testing, and the concesus was that while it's a good tactic, it's not broken.

It at least requires multiple stops, which the Smuggler's Den purchase wouldn't.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Williams
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also with the gravity paths....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.