Subject: Upgrade pack to include replacement chits as an option? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
King Maple

Harjumaa
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read on Kickstarter update that some chits are getting an upgrade as well - but only stickers are provided in the upgrade pack.

Considering that the high quality chits are the very best component in the game, why doesn't upgrade pack include errata chits or have it as a more expensive option?

Stickers on those chits seems rather unfortunate for those that went all-in early to support all this :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean the baddies' poker chips? If so, they are already stickered. You'd just exchange the sticker with the new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duggie Dowling
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I'm terribly sorry... but I probably wasn't listening.
badge
I vote for Shenanigans and Monkey Business.
mbmbmbmbmb
The chips you speak of concern the skills Thick Skin and Lashback, where a 1 has been added for ease of understanding and, I suspect, will be very helpful for new players. But the change affects very few baddies (seven in fact if I remember the photo from the post correctly).
Changing the stickers is not completely necessary for a seasoned player, I know I won't be changing mine for example.

As for component quality, they look to be exactly like the stickers that are currently on the chips in the game, so if you are careful in applying them, they shouldn't compromise the quality at all at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baker
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, these are the same high-quality stickers that are already on the chips. I'm assuming the existing stickers would peel off easily and then could be replaced with the new ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Nichols
United States
Monument
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With aging eyes and getting the chips to look like they came new out of the factory (humans do not sticker these correct?) could be quite the challenge
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Daneman
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really seems unnecessary to re-sticker the chips. The only difference is that there's a "1" next to skills that are at level 1, whereas before there was no number. That's a pretty trivial change, as it's relatively intuitive to assume that if there's not number the default is "1". So I don't play to re-sticker my copy, especially as there's probably some risk of screwing things up as I do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fortheloveofdice
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was surprised they are providing new stickers just to add the number. I think it is great to have added the number for consistency but I am fine without new chips/stickers for my existing copy.

I am looking forward to updated character sheets and a better way to hold the cards, and I'm very impressed with the price they are offering it at!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple

Harjumaa
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
It really seems unnecessary to re-sticker the chips. The only difference is that there's a "1" next to skills that are at level 1, whereas before there was no number. That's a pretty trivial change, as it's relatively intuitive to assume that if there's not number the default is "1". So I don't play to re-sticker my copy, especially as there's probably some risk of screwing things up as I do that.

Well, the missing 1 was a problem for me originally, I will definitely would gladly pay more to get replacement chits and assure consistency with future expansions and whatnot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darsh 97 Cl.199
France
Issy-les-Moulineaux
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mishenka wrote:
especially as there's probably some risk of screwing things up as I do that.

That!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We promise it's painless to use a finger nail or butter knife to peel up the sticker! We wouldn't do it this way if we weren't confident you could do it and make it perfect.

We did literally hand sticker Hoplo games back in the day to save money, and we promise it's not difficult in the least

Adding actual chips to an order as small as this would have made things a lot heavier, and a lot more expensive. We went this direction to offer things as affordably as possible, and reduce the burden for international shipping.

If you do happen to screw up a chip somehow (you won't), let us know and we'll ship you some more stickers on the house.

It's easy. And simple. Promise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeSzGbLsBs wrote:
If I buy a 2nd print-run copy of TMB from the CTG website right now (it's shipping in July) will it already have the updated components?

Yes, it will already have the updated components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First off, as others have mentioned, this is a VERY minor change to the chip for clarification purposes only (not a mistake). But we like to be thorough so we provided replacement stickers. Swapping stickers is SUPER easy. See for yourself:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow, what weirdly helpful, pleasant customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fee Weasel
United States
Lake Jackson
Texas
flag msg tools
…so do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
badge
...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I had a good life all the way...
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you kidding me?! Adam just showed us that our most precious and beloved games from CTGs are not indestructible. All it takes is an errant finger nail and my life could be in ruined in less than two seconds. /silliness

Thanks for the demo Adam. Looks easy enough to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Carlson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hah! But not ruined forever, Fee. If you attempt to replace a sticker and mess up, let us know and we will get you another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Notsupplied
msg tools
Just took delivery of my upgrade pack and will not bother with the restickering. I do notice that the deeper wells for the cards mean that I can no longer store my two expansion character dice sets comfortably under the insert. I am sure some enterprising Etsy crafter has come up with a slightly more compact dice display box. With a little redesign, six trays would fit stacked next to the insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
igr8shg wrote:
Just took delivery of my upgrade pack and will not bother with the restickering. I do notice that the deeper wells for the cards mean that I can no longer store my two expansion character dice sets comfortably under the insert. I am sure some enterprising Etsy crafter has come up with a slightly more compact dice display box. With a little redesign, six trays would fit stacked next to the insert.

That would be neat. Maybe I should just cut these trays so they fit the game's dice instead of being so oversized. I bet that would ruin them. *Sigh.*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
So that's the monster side stickers done...

Why do we have replacements for the stickers on the back of the chips as well ...

Just wondering before I start randomly pealing the backs as well as the fronts ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GaspodeX wrote:

Why do we have replacements for the stickers on the back of the chips as well ...

Just wondering before I start randomly pealing the backs as well as the fronts ...

It was easier than just trying to include the baddie faces. Just a matter of the way the Baddie files are/were organized. No need to use the back sides
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Medany
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Ghillie Gearloc wrote:
GaspodeX wrote:

It was easier than just trying to include the baddie faces. Just a matter of the way the Baddie files are/were organized. No need to use the back sides

Most excellent - thanks. All done now .... and found and completed the riddle... needs to tide me over till Undertow ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.