Thumb up
1 Posts

Rainbow Towers» Forums » Reviews

Subject: a game that has lasted for decennia rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
flag msg tools
This is a game I played as a child and now my children play it. It's a game to learn the colours while in the process the fine motor skills are trained.

Game materials:
In the box you find:
* 4 wooden sticks on a wooden plateau (tower).
* 24 wooden beads with a hole in the center, 4 of each of the 6 colours green, yellow, orange, blue, white and red.
* a colour dice with matching colours.

Each player has one tower on which he/she tries to collect all of the colours by rolling the dice. In the original game you need to follow the correct order of the colours, so first red, then white, then blue, then orange, then yellow and then green.
To make the game easier you can skip this rule and make the order random.
Another way to play it is to give each player a colour and let them only collect their own colour (you only have 4 beads then and must leave the colours that are not chosen out).
Another variation could be to build up your tower with all colours, but if you roll a colour you already have, you can check out the other players towers. If the colour you rolled is at the top of one of theirs, you can take it off again. Mind you don't use this version with the really young children though....

This is a colourful and easy game to play. It will help your toddler to learn taking turns, recognise and name colours and get beads on to sticks using fine motor skills. You can adjust the rules to the child's age. There are probably many more variations possible. Feel free to add!
Personally I prefer "der kunterbunte Ottokar". The gameplay is the same but the theme is a bit more imaginitive which makes it a bit more fun for parents to play along.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.