Subject: Doppelgänger-Minion and Minion with no werewolves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Angelo Alvarez
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, I was just wondering what are the winning conditions if there are a Minion and a Doppelgänger-Minion with no werewolves in play.
Does the Doppelgänger-Minion takes the same strategy as the Minion and try to kill other player?
If the Minion dies, does the Doppelgänger-Minion wins, and vice versa?
Should both the Minion and Doppelgänger-Minion stay alive in order to win?

Thanks for your time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phoebe Wild
Australia
South Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
Cardboard Vault Reviews!
badge
mbmbmbmb
Both Minions would win or lose with Team Werewolf, so they have the same victory condition and can work together. They don't need to both be alive to win.

They'll both win under the same Werewolf victory - if any Villager dies (including one of them). They'd lose in the case of a circle vote, but obviously they wouldn't agree to one. If a werewolf was in play, they'd also lose if a werewolf was killed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlene Thornstrom
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MissJekyll wrote:
They'll both win under the same Werewolf victory - if any Villager dies (including one of them).

Hmm, but in the situation where there's only a minion and no werewolves (and no doppelganger minion), they only win if a villager other than them dies, right?

So I would think in the case of one of the minion or doppelganger-minion dying (no werewolves in game), that one would lose, and the other minion/doppelganger-minion would win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't believe we've ever had confirmation one way or another about what to do with multiple Minions and no Werewolves present.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelo Alvarez
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Minion himself doesn't know about the Doppelgänger-Minion; however, the Doppelgänger-Minion knows who the Minion is.

Here are some of my thoughts about it:

1. If the case that both of them must stay alive, since they both on the same team, then the Doppelgänger-Minion would try and protect the Minion from being voted.

2. If each of them has its own win condition, then Doppelgänger-Minion could win by killing the Minion, but the Minion would lose in this case.

3. Both of them would win together whether one of them is killed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, here is my thoughts on the matter:

The text for the alternate win condition is:

"If no players are Werewolves, the Minion wins as long as one other player (not the Minion) dies."

Now, the roles that depend on themselves (e.g., Nostradamus and Tanner) use "if he dies" rather than referring to themselves in the third person like the Minion does. Thus, I think it is more consistent to make it so that a Doppelgänger Minion and Minion without Werewolves must cause a death, but both must survive in order to win.

Edit: Oh, but I just noticed Phoebe made that comment earlier. Thus, I'm wrong, as she's from Bezier Games.

But I will add that the Minion that dies definitely would not win, unless someone else dies too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.