Subject: Pyromaniac and Silver Key rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre Bigler
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
Rio de Janeiro
flag msg tools
Let's say that, in a given scenario, the group needs the Silver Key (or any other special item) to finish the scenario, but the investigator with the Key gets an Insanity like Pyromania (in which he can win alone). The game is already lost to other players?

Because even with the trade action, the Pyromaniac will not give in the Key willingly, and if the other players kill him (say, pushing him into fire or other monsters), they will have only 1 Investigator Phase to reach the story end (or else is game over).

That question came up in a players group and since then we're getting horror every turn thinking about it XD

EDIT: HAHAHA We got it. The Steal Action. Now I'm ashamed. Sorry for the (now) dumb topic
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, those lesser used actions can be real life savers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bailey
United States
Warner Robins
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
“I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it.” ― Terry Pratchett
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the game ever require one person to actually have the item or all the items needed to proceed? I've always thought it just checks whether or not the party has all the items needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbailey wrote:
Does the game ever require one person to actually have the item or all the items needed to proceed? I've always thought it just checks whether or not the party has all the items needed.

Sometimes, an explore token might say "Only an investigator with the Silver Key may take this action" or similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.