Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The final note says that for a 2 player board, when tiles are placed randomly, there can not be enough development tiles to get the required 3 Thaler. What does this mean?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only way to earn Thaler is through some of the development tiles. If certain tiles do not appear in the game (due to the randomized setup), then it might not be possible to earn enough to pay your lease/taxes at the end of the last couple of years (3 total Thaler required).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since all players are penalised equally, would this issue make an impact on the game? I'd say not, but keen to hear other opinions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas spitzer
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you are right but we didn´t want to forget these info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
tzutzy wrote:
Since all players are penalised equally, would this issue make an impact on the game? I'd say not, but keen to hear other opinions.

If you are required to take at least 1 penalty, this means each other penalty you take is -2 points. (normally the first penalty is only worth -1 point.)

This does slightly make taking penalties (not counting unavoidable penalties) worse (1 point worse in total). But yes, everyone is penalized equally so it doesn't create an imbalance, despite having an impact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.