Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
For robots, the qualifying/refuelling chit indicates the turn when they have to stop and the same Refuelling chit must be placed on the Turn Indicator to remind that the robot of that type in the best racing position will stop for refuelling in that turn. Once this requirement is satisfied the robot will not stop again for refuelling and the chit can be discarded. Generally, robots will make only one pit stop (barring weather changes) during the race while human players may make as many as they require or desire.

I don't get this (my English is not so great):
Does it mean that only the first robot of each type in the starting blocks will pit at the turn indicated on its fuel chit?
The other robots never pit?
The phrasing seems very ambiguous to me.

If not, I saw the rahdo video (who seems to do it differently) and he puts the chits of two yellow cars on the turn track but how would he keep track later on which yellow car is concerned by which chit on the turn track?

And when I see the Lala video, he doesn't show how he organizes the chits on the turn track as he edited the video so that we go from the starting blocks to all the chits already placed on the turn track. Nothing in between.

So, I'm confused.

PS: I'm only interested in the advanced rules.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ballou
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When a chip of a robot car on the turn track matches the current turn the leading car of the robot type (super fast, fast or slow). The leading robot car of that type must pit. If more than one fuel chip of the same type (say fast) is active then the leading fast robot and the next fast robot with the best position will pit.

This can also mean, if a fast robot pits on one turn, and due to it being the sole remaining robot of that type, or by track circumstances the same robot is in the lead, it must pit again if that type robot fuel chip is due, than that robot must pit again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
My name is
Belgium
Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You are pretty clear, I'm sure, but I struggle with the language.

Can you tell me which assumptions here below are wrong, please?

1) Place all the chits accordingly on the turn track, each robot car chit included.

2) During a specific turn of the race that correspond to a pit stop, move backwards the type of robots that correspond to the chits on the turn track for that turn.
-> if 1 black chit, move the best positioned black car
-> if 2 black chits, move the two best positioned black cars
-> if n chits of the same color, move the n best positioned cars of that color.

3) Whatever happens, a car that has been moved backward on that turn cannot be moved backward again (another pit stop) on the same turn (not sure about this because of your last sentence but this sentence is complicated for me to get).

4) If the best positioned car of a type had to move on turn 8 and there is a chit of its color on turn 10, the same car (if still best positioned) will move backward again.
So, in theory, the same car, if always best positioned of its type, could move backward 5 times during a race (turn 8,10,12,14,16) if each of these turns have chits of its color.

5) A chit that has been reached will be discarded for good. It is not repositioned on the turn track.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Welch
United Kingdom
Swansea
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 a car that moves back due to pitting will move again when the new section it is in is activated.

My group play pitting differently in that each robot car will pit. As we play with custom numbered cars there is a numbered home made pitting chit for each car placed on the turn track.

If there is a reason why Gotha games wrote the robot pitting rules the way they did I would be interested to hear it.

I initially didn't like the weather rules with players able to change it how they wanted to until I saw the video with Allessandro explaining it represented a team being able to predict the weather more accurately. I thought that was interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennan Sheremeto
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
sarracenia wrote:
3 a car that moves back due to pitting will move again when the new section it is in is activated.

My group play pitting differently in that each robot car will pit. As we play with custom numbered cars there is a numbered home made pitting chit for each car placed on the turn track.

If there is a reason why Gotha games wrote the robot pitting rules the way they did I would be interested to hear it.

I initially didn't like the weather rules with players able to change it how they wanted to until I saw the video with Allessandro explaining it represented a team being able to predict the weather more accurately. I thought that was interesting.

I would say they did the pit stops that way simply because without custom cars and chits it would be a huge pain to keep track of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
Quote:
For robots, the qualifying/refuelling chit indicates the turn when they have to stop and the same Refuelling chit must be placed on the Turn Indicator to remind that the robot of that type in the best racing position will stop for refuelling in that turn. Once this requirement is satisfied the robot will not stop again for refuelling and the chit can be discarded. Generally, robots will make only one pit stop (barring weather changes) during the race while human players may make as many as they require or desire.

I don't get this (my English is not so great):
Does it mean that only the first robot of each type in the starting blocks will pit at the turn indicated on its fuel chit?
The other robots never pit?
The phrasing seems very ambiguous to me.

If not, I saw the rahdo video (who seems to do it differently) and he puts the chits of two yellow cars on the turn track but how would he keep track later on which yellow car is concerned by which chit on the turn track?

And when I see the Lala video, he doesn't show how he organizes the chits on the turn track as he edited the video so that we go from the starting blocks to all the chits already placed on the turn track. Nothing in between.

So, I'm confused.

PS: I'm only interested in the advanced rules.

Thanks.

You put chit on the turn table all the robot for making a pitstop. But once the race has started the chits only belong to the color, not to one car.
So when for example the first yellow robot has to pit, you pick the best placed yellow robot on the circuit. If this robot doesn't get behind the other yellow robot, it will most likely have to pit twice when you reach the next yellow chit on the turn table.
In all the races I've played I believe it only has happened once that the same robot had to pit twice, because it had a better position than the othe robot in the same color.
But if you don't like it, make pitstop chits with numbers and add the number to the cars too, so you know when each car has to pit.

And if a robot is out of the race, don't forget to remove a chit in the same color. It should always be the chit that is last on the turn table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Ballou
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baylock wrote:
You are pretty clear, I'm sure, but I struggle with the language.

Can you tell me which assumptions here below are wrong, please?

1) Place all the chits accordingly on the turn track, each robot car chit included.

2) During a specific turn of the race that correspond to a pit stop, move backwards the type of robots that correspond to the chits on the turn track for that turn.
-> if 1 black chit, move the best positioned black car
-> if 2 black chits, move the two best positioned black cars
-> if n chits of the same color, move the n best positioned cars of that color.

3) Whatever happens, a car that has been moved backward on that turn cannot be moved backward again (another pit stop) on the same turn (not sure about this because of your last sentence but this sentence is complicated for me to get).

4) If the best positioned car of a type had to move on turn 8 and there is a chit of its color on turn 10, the same car (if still best positioned) will move backward again.
So, in theory, the same car, if always best positioned of its type, could move backward 5 times during a race (turn 8,10,12,14,16) if each of these turns have chits of its color.

5) A chit that has been reached will be discarded for good. It is not repositioned on the turn track.

Thanks.

All your assumptions are correct. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.