Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad to see more Mystic Vale, but the box for my base game is pretty full with the other two expansions (and a few promo cards). I don't see another expansion fitting in the box without removing the insert.

Don't suppose Mana Storm will come in a large enough box to hold everything? I'm assuming it will be the same size as the other expansions, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clair
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
belial1134 wrote:
Glad to see more Mystic Vale, but the box for my base game is pretty full with the other two expansions (and a few promo cards). I don't see another expansion fitting in the box without removing the insert.

Don't suppose Mana Storm will come in a large enough box to hold everything? I'm assuming it will be the same size as the other expansions, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Hi Jason. Good Question! The Mana Storm expansion comes in the same box-size as the other two expansions. However, the plan is for the 4th expansion to be a big storage box type of expansion similar to what AEG did with the Smash Up Big Geeky box.

https://www.alderac.com/smashup/products/big-geeky-box/

The MV big box expansion will be big enough to easily fit everything to release for MV for quite some time. It will also come with 2 additional player decks and new rules to play up to 6 player without adding much length or downtime to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnDClair wrote:
belial1134 wrote:

Hi Jason. Good Question! The Mana Storm expansion comes in the same box-size as the other two expansions. However, the plan is for the 4th expansion to be a big storage box type of expansion similar to what AEG did with the Smash Up Big Geeky box.

https://www.alderac.com/smashup/products/big-geeky-box/

The MV big box expansion will be big enough to easily fit everything to release for MV for quite some time. It will also come with 2 additional player decks and new rules to play up to 6 player without adding much length or downtime to the game.

Glad to hear that news

Do you know if the MV big box expansion will contain any new content (I believe the Smash Up box had some new cards?) or will it just be the box only?

Also, any rough estimation date/quarter on the MV big box?

Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clair
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
belial1134 wrote:
Do you know if the MV big box expansion will contain any new content (I believe the Smash Up box had some new cards?) or will it just be the box only?

Also, any rough estimation date/quarter on the MV big box?

It will have additional content, but less advancements and vales than a normal expansion. The main new content it has are the 2 new player decks, some tokens associated with the alternate 5-6 player rules. Also! I forgot, it has content and rules for what we are calling "conclaves" which is a new way to organize and set up your game that gives you the option for variable setups where not all the cards are used each game.

I think it's either on the schedule for 2017Q4 or 2018Q1, but things may change, and the AEG guys would know better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
How would you feel about reducing the box size to make it similar to FFG LCG's expansion box? I just bought Vale of the wild and the box is big and full of air, and completely useless. The rulebook could easily be made more compact too.
I mean, the whole expansion is a deck of card. The box should fit in a coat pocket.
Space is a luxury for both shops and customers

Thanks for considering.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angus Scott
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love it if the "big box" wasn't any bigger but just had a more efficient insert. The insert of the base game wastes a ton of space. If the main well was open instead of the vacuform divided sections you could probably fit the base game and all of the expansions with room to spare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As an aside, I sleeve Vale cards and base + Vale of the Wild's Vale cards don't fit in their slots anymore.

I sleeve Leaders too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Clair
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
Yeah. All those box concerns are fair. I do not know the exact dimensions of the "big box", or the precise rational for the small expansion box sizes. These questions are all the purview of AEG. For now what I do with my copy in the base box (which has even more content because it also has prototype expansion content) is I put the fertile soils in the middle slot to keep things from sliding around, and then the other cards perpendicular to that, divided by cardtype so it's easy to sort when setting up (e.g. lvl 1 advancements, then lvl 1 vales, then lvl 2 advancement, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Me I'm using a second box just for Vales. So many of them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.