Popular Tags: [View All]
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, BGG!

It was an honor and a pleasure to join the ranks of the Geeks of the Week, but my week in the spotlight is over and it's time for me to introduce our new Geek of the Week:

Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools

When I was looking for a worthy geek from another continent, the first that came to mind was Tragic. Tragic is a board game media creator from Sydney, Australia. His YouTube channel has 576 videos at the time of this writing, over 5000 subscribers, and an impressive 1.2 million views. I've particularly enjoyed his well-edited solo playthroughs of various board games like Eldritch Horror and The Lord of the Rings LCG. If you're unfamiliar with his work, I recommend that you watch a few of his videos. He has also started and is involved with the "Tube Tables" guild here on BGG, a communal guild for a multitude of board game media creators. It is my honor to name him my successor. Have a great week, Tragic!

TragicTheBlathering wrote:
G’Day Tragic here....

... and I just need to start with a big thank you to Darth Ed for the surprising and flattering nomination for Geek of the Week! There have been a number of extremely awesome names from the “internet” boardgame scene featured on this list over the years and I’m humbled, as well as feeling a little pride for being considered at all. Let along given the accolade itself. Thank you. 

My understanding is that I am to give a brief “gaming history” so.. here it is!

Basically my gaming roots are inextricably linked to 70s and 80s because of the birth of the home computer. This invention not only greatly effected how I entertained myself but also become the core of my professional life.

Like most boys growing up then I had access to all the common boardgames one would expect. Monopoly, Cludo, Uno and the like. Monopoly was probably the most popular in our house and one you could expect to find a beaten up copy any Uncle or Aunts house when the family was travelling. Though the truth be told I was never a huge fan of it and while we played these “classic” boardgames it was really using Dad’s computer to play games that was the focus of myself and my brother.

I guess the big change in my gaming habits came form two catalysts. Chess Club at school and a video game called “Annals of Rome”. 

Chess Club is pretty self explanatory, it was my first real taste of competitive gaming and also was were I made lasting friendships which hold to this day. Chess Club was really the place where I fell in love with Table Top Gaming as a whole and started to enjoy the social aspect of table top gaming almost more than the gaming itself. Yet at this point my tabletop gaming was completely limited to Chess. Meanwhile I was really into computers and eventually my brother and I started to really sink our teeth in to a game called Annals of Rome. This was a game where you played the leader of Rome and though conflict tried to control your Empire by expansion as well as maintaining control by squashing rebellion. It was a Wargame.

We played this game and lot but my brother and I disliked having to share the computer and there was no multiplayer to speak of. This lead to the choice that would in some respect, change my life.

We saw in a toy shop this brand new board game called Axis and Allies. This was something new to us. We had never seen a boardgame that looked anything like this. It had detail, cool tokens, and it was a wargame like Annals of Rome; we thought. This wasn’t "Monopoly". We looked at this game as a way to play a “wargame” but allow my brother and I to finally go head to head. This is why I credit Annals of Rome and not Axis and Allies. I feel that if we were not playing Annals, then we would never have bought into Axis in the first place and without that purchase, may not have ever experienced a different kind of board game.

We played.... this.... game.... to... death. Though it wasn’t long until other games started to turn up around the house. American Fortress, Merchant of Venus, Space Hulk, Wiz-War and the glorious, Republic of Rome. Chess Club was no longer chess club.. but a board game club that held chess championships and I was well on my way to becoming a gaming addict. 

There is two other games I really want to mention. Bridge and Magic the Gathering.

My mother’s best friend was a national champion in Bridge, which is the king of the classic card games, imo. She taught Mum, Mum taught me and I played as her partner at home and latter in regional competition. I really think that if it was the Chess Club at school which first introduced me to competitive gaming, then it was Bridge that opened me to a world of gaming that spanned continents and brought in players of all types, across all ages. It brought me closer to my mother for we shared this pastime outside of our natural mother / son roles and it paved the way for my understanding about how gaming is at its core a social interaction that enriches the soul.

Then there came the Magic the Gathering, which launched in the mid 90s not soon after I had gotten over that awkward, just left home period, and was now truly in control of my own life and career. Here was a game with an addictive collection aspect, a head to head combat system for competitive play and, probably most importantly... it was hip. People forget that. MTG used to be hip. Everyone played it, even non-gamers. This wasn't Hearts or Rummy.. it was something new. For me it was a dream, with an endless parade of opponents. It was a competitive card game but lacked the “stuffy” atmosphere I had come to associate with Bridge due to being a young man looking for new things. The shop scene that popped up is what really sealed the deal.

... and here is where the story stops, because that was pretty much it. As I grew older I started to move away from MTG style games because of the cash sink and move back into Wargames and from there into boardgames. First rules heavy ones, but more and more less rules heavy with shorter play times.

This is pretty much where I am now. Like most people I had a decent break from gaming for a while but rejoined the hobby with gusto to discover that it has grown into something. We are in a golden age of table top gaming right now, and I am enjoying every minute of it.

And here is Tragic's "2 Truths, 1 Lie" poll:

Poll
Two Truths and a Lie - TragicTheBlathering GoTW Edition
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
I once spent hours setting up an game of Arkham Horror with all expansions mixed in and organised for 7 others to come play. After a long rules explanation and character setup, we started playing only to lose the game on the 2nd draw from the mythos deck.
32.7% 32
When I quite Magic the Gathering (for really reals this time!), I sold my Caw-Blade deck (60 cards) for over 2800USD. This was pre-banning of Jace, The Mind Sculptor and Stoneforge Mystic.
26.5% 26
I once played Chaos of the Old World, a Warhammer-themed game that uses exploding dice and saw one of my opponents roll 9 hits off 1 die, by rolling 8 sixes in a row.
40.8% 40
Voters 98
This poll is now closed.   98 answers
Poll created by DarthEd
Closes: Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:00 am

Finally, here are some questions to get you started:

d10-1 How/why did you get started making YouTube videos about board games?
d10-2 How long does it take to film a playthrough?
d10-3 Your playthrough videos look like they involve a lot of meticulous editing. How long does it take you to edit 1 hour of a playthrough?
d10-4 What software do you use to edit your videos?
d10-5 How do you decide which games to cover?
d10-6 What's the gaming scene like in Australia?
d10-7 Do you attend any board game conventions?
d10-8 What's the top game you are looking forward to?

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats TragicTheBlathering!

d10-1 What is your favourite colour when playing a boardgame?
d10-2 Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
d10-3 Do you play an instrument? If yes, which one and for how long already?
d10-4 Having fun?
d10-5 What would have been your name if it wasn't the name you have?
d10-6 What is your favourite snack?
d10-7 What is your favourite day of the week?
d10-8 What is your favourite time of day?
d10-9 What character would you be in a Star Trek setting?
d10-1d10-0 What makes you "tick" (inspires you, why do you get up in the morning)?
d10-1d10-1 What is your life-long dream?
d10-1d10-2 What is your favourite RPG race/class?
d10-1d10-3 If you could go back in time - where and when would you go?
d10-1d10-4 Could you enlighten us about your avatar?
d10-1d10-5 Where does your username come from?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Tragic!
Have a great week!

My usual question: Have you a favorite wizard? If so, who? If not, why? And which game (if any) is he/she from?

Also, did you ever play in USCF tournament(s) and how did you fare?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
: WARNING :
I am nearly illiterate.. if it wasn't for red squiggly lines no one could understand me. Do not read if bad spelling and gamma offends!

DarthEd wrote:
d10-1 How/why did you get started making YouTube videos about board games?

Long before I was making boardgame videos I was pretty heavily involved in the hobbies computer game scene, namely the Adventure Game creation scene with AGE and WME game engines.

At some point I was bought a copy of Photoshop and After Effects to help make content for these game projects... and on the disc was "premier" a video edit application.

To "learn" the software I made a "game review video" of Gabriel Knight (an old Sierra game) to my shock people really liked it. So I made more. The chan grew very fast (much faster than my boardgame chan) but I had already moved away from digital gaming (something I have actually been moving towards recently) and got to the point that I had said most of the things I wanted to say about some of my fav classic adventure games and I stopped making these kind of videos. My last review was Portal 2 and I suddenly thought.. "what am I doing?"

Space Quest 2 - my last real review.

Anyway, the damage was done. I was kinda hooked on video blogging and over the years of doing the reviews I ran a number of other chans (most deleted now) A "dev" chan where I talked about game design, a "film review chan", a "video game diary" channel ... and finally a board game chan.

The boardgame one is the only chan I still play with, and I am not 100% sure why, beyond that I love playing boardgames.

DarthEd wrote:
d10-2 How long does it take to film a playthrough?
d10-3 Your playthrough videos look like they involve a lot of meticulous editing. How long does it take you to edit 1 hour of a playthrough?[

Ages... as in hours and hours. I have never timed it but a single session on youtube can take most of the day after work to produce, as in nearly a 1/2 work day. Complex games require a lot of editing and off screen stuff with moving cameras and stuff.

When I film I like to use a steady camera as I personally dislike the aesthetic of how free hand filming looks, sometimes it can even make me sick. I do not want to come of wrong here, some of my fav uTuber's on the geek use hand held devices, but for me this will never be an option.

This means that while the viewer sees everything in a single, continuous and hopefully seamless cut.. between every camera cut they see I need to physically move and reposition the camera and then do the appropriate cut in the edit suite as well as try and remember my chain of thought.

So a single 30min video can easily hour to film and another hour or 2 to edit.

I should time my next session.. it would probably be depressing.

DarthEd wrote:
d10-4 What software do you use to edit your videos?

There is a number of them...

• Photoshop Cs6 (Bitmap editor)
• Audacity (Sound Editor)
• Adobe Premier Cs6 (video editor)
• Adobe Audition Cs6 (sound editor inside Premier)
• Plural Eyes (Sound Sync - Not used Much at all)
• Adobe After Effects (Special effects - not used much at all)
• Dxtroy - Video Game Capture to video.
• Camtasia - Desktop Capture to video.
• Handbreak - Video Encoder
• Open Broadcast (in testing.. coming soon!)

DarthEd wrote:
d10-5 How do you decide which games to cover?

Well, there are three main ways...

1) Vote - One of my popular videos is to show a bunch of boxes and get the viewers to vote. I like this as I get to see what other people are interested in and it beefs up the viewer interaction which is kind of the uTube bloggers crack. Comments are crack. You want to support the chans you watch? Comment.

2) Request - I have a spreadsheet of every request (I read my comments lol). There is no promise to follow them but when I do not go the vote method I always look through this list.

3) I just pick. How do you select the game to play on your game night? You just grab what is new or what you love or what you haven't played for ages.. stuff like that.

DarthEd wrote:
d10-6 What's the gaming scene like in Australia?
d10-7 Do you attend any board game conventions?

Like any other I guess. Not having traveled much I do not have anything to compare it to.

I'm a fairly hermit-like guy. I have a small circle of friends and I'm not the guy to travel much. I lived in the center of a city for most of my life and have not ever even had a car license.

So my experience with the boardgame scene is limited. I love the idea of conventions but I know form being forced to go to work ones that I HATE crowds. The Dice Tower posted a video of Gencon last year and the crowds pouring in made me feel sick.. no way I could handle that.

I do know that Australia has a very spread out population. We are a large land with few people relative to places like the US, Europe and Asia, even when you take into account that most of our population are all on the coast due to most of the place being a desert. What I trying to get at here is that even in my little suburb there are 3 game groups I know of including my own. One of them "northside gamers" is very large.

I think the game scene in Au is probably pretty strong. Most kickers have a "Australia Friendly" postage icon nowadays for example.

DarthEd wrote:
d10-8 What's the top game you are looking forward to?

Hmm... hard choice. I guess Lisboa. You wouldn't know it from my chan, but I am a huge Euro fan, or what we used to call "Efficiency Games" until "Euro" became a thing.

Lisboa is a game from a designer I admire, but I missed the chance to kickstart it. I am very keen to get a copy of this game and I feel like I "missed" it.. so I check again and again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Narl wrote:
d10-1 What is your favourite colour when playing a boardgame?

Pink.

Narl wrote:
d10-2 Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?

Winter. Cloths make you look cool, and putting more on makes you warm. You can only take so much off and still be sitting in 40c heat and unconformable!

Narl wrote:
d10-3 Do you play an instrument? If yes, which one and for how long already?

No. I used to play the drums but haven't hit a kit for nearly 30+ years.

Narl wrote:
d10-4 Having fun?

Ups and downs, highs and lows. Overall I'm doing about average.

Narl wrote:
d10-5 What would have been your name if it wasn't the name you have?

Dad wanted to call me Lindsey. Mum wanted Paul, but as the story goes, the argument was ongoing right until I was born.. then I was named on a whim by mum once she saw my face.

Narl wrote:
d10-6 What is your favourite snack?

Hmmm... depends on what you mean.. my fav "snack" a term I associated with a actual non-regular meal is a sandwich of some sort. My fav sandwich I have many times a week is.. smoked salmon, avocado, lettuce, red onion, cheese, tomato and a super super hot chilli paste.

If you mean like a junk food type thing... then it is Allen's "Snakes" a kind of jelly lolly (Um I think Americans call it candy)

Narl wrote:
d10-7 What is your favourite day of the week?

Monday. Every Monday my brother meets me for coffee on his way to drop his kids at school or day care and then work.

Narl wrote:
d10-8 What is your favourite time of day?

Night. There is a stillness at night I enjoy. I have always been a night owl.

Narl wrote:
d10-9 What character would you be in a Star Trek setting?

Oh.. one of Geordi's engineers working on the Enterprise 1701-D.

Narl wrote:
d10-1d10-0 What makes you "tick" (inspires you, why do you get up in the morning)?

Good question. If I work it out I'll edit this answer. I guess "because I wake up" isn't good enough : )

Narl wrote:
d10-1d10-1 What is your life-long dream?

I suppose my problem in life is that I have never really had one.. not a "real" one. This question could be answered differently every time I got asked. There are many things I would love, or love to do.. but "life long dream"... I have never really had that kind of ambition or maybe attention span, to think of some major achievable life goal.

Narl wrote:
d10-1d10-2 What is your favourite RPG race/class?

I'd like to say something cool and "original" but it is : Mage, or Sorcerer or something like that. I think my sub-class would be some kind of Illusionist or other type of "mind" magic that isn't focused on combat and more on support or other magical stuff like crafting or w/e.

Narl wrote:
d10-1d10-3 If you could go back in time - where and when would you go?

I have no idea how to answer this. Most of the history I love would eat a modern city boy like me alive. I mean sure.. be great to see the formation of the British Empire, but I would probably be cleaved in 1/2 by a viking. I could go back and try and change my life in some way, but I am not sure such a thing is possible because of the predetermination paradox.

I suppose I would go back to 69 and watch Apollo 11 launch.

Narl wrote:
d10-1d10-4 Could you enlighten us about your avatar?

No real story here. I like cute stuff and I like horror themes. I googled "cute monster" and this was one of the things that turned up in the image search.

Narl wrote:
d10-1d10-5 Where does your username come from?

My uTube chan (as I said in one other answer) was one of many. This chan that is now "A Tragic Table Top" was originally where I posted videos of drunken kitchen table games of Magic the Gathering. Tragic (Magic) The Blathering (The Gathering). Blather is a slang term for constantly talking in a stream of consciousness type way, which is what my youtube videos kind of are.. so I kept the same chan name and deleted all the videos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
chadnorth wrote:
My usual question: Have you a favorite wizard? If so, who? If not, why? And which game (if any) is he/she from?

Um... I guess my favorite wizard is "Turjan" from a serial novel that started publication in the 50s collected as the "The Dying Earth by Jack Vance".

He is a young Wizard that is trying to crack the secret of how to create life. He travels to Embelyon to seek out the great Pandelume for guidance and goes on all sorts of adventure along the way.

chadnorth wrote:
Did you ever play in USCF tournament(s) and how did you fare?

As I am Australian, no.. I never was involved in the "The United States Chess Federation"... and was never involved in serious competitive chess.. I was just in a chess club as a young boy while at school. I do like the game, but I am not a pro by any means.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus Weihrauch
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome, Tragic! More than well deserved Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadnorth wrote:

Um... I guess my favorite wizard is "Turjan" from a serial novel that started publication in the 50s collected as the "The Dying Earth by Jack Vance".

Nice! Good choice. Those stories are great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan How
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
badge
Do you know about Counter magazine? Geekmail me for more details
mbmbmbmbmb
I have recently become a fan of your style of podcasting. I'm in the middle of your Xia walkthroughs and like the way you introduce rules and explain the concepts. Thanks for the time you spend on these.

I see from your Geek profile that you do not rate games, which is a pity as they provide more insight into your gaming tastes,

What game most resembles Xia in terms of "feel" for you? It does not have to be a space game but perhaps one that is moer sandbox in nature like Xia.

Enjoy your week of random questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meto nymous
msg tools
I discovered your channel when I was looking for Arkham Horror playthroughs years ago. I usually did not watch playthroughs for other reasons than learning games, or to see what I should buy into. With your playthrough-talkthroughs and great editing, I find myself watching just for the fun of it. It’s like experiencing the game. You have some rare talent conveying the fun of a game in the way you do. Guess I am a fan!)

Right now, I am following your playthrough of Mage Knight Shades of Tezla. It made me take MK off the shelf even though I do not have the time; Shadowrun Crossfire has almost replaced MK for me, scratches the same itch. Shadowrun Crossfire is the closest relative to MK that I know, play feels quite similar (It is 89% of the fun of MK, it is a shorter game with no set up, and the cyberpunk artwork is great. They are also building Dragonfire, the new D&D card game, on the Shadowrun Crossfire engine.)

Do you play Shadowrun Crossfire, any chance of a Crossfire or Dragonfire playthrough?

I hope your new rank makes more people discover your YouTube channel, giving it its well-deserved attention.
Thanks for the great content!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Earle
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Tragic, couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Bavnshøj
Denmark
Brøndum
DK-9500 Hobro
flag msg tools
designer
NOW
badge
Visit us at www.osterskov.dk
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations Tragic. Have a great week!

What is your favorite spaceship? And why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
Neston
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! TubeTables is slowing spreading....

Congratulations Tragic! Well deserved and about bleedin' time too. Great to see you here.

If you could change one thing about the gaming scene down under, what would it be ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles de Rais
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Tragic, love your vids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
Congrats! Have a fun week of gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Thanks for all the kind words guys.. I really appreciate it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Alan How wrote:
What game most resembles Xia in terms of "feel" for you? It does not have to be a spcae game but perhaps one that is moer sandbox in nature like Xia.

There are not a lot of games I know of that try to provide a "sandbox" style gameplay that Xia attempts to be.. though there are some arguments that Xia is a "basically" a pick up and deliver game.

I would say that Firefly is probably the closest game I know of to Xia.. and it is also a space game. When it came out I ignored it as my experience is that "IP" games form TV and Film usually are really bad, but while imo the Core Set experience wasn't great this game has been vastly improved over time through expansions and is now what I think of as a very good game and one well worth checking out.

There is also a RPG kind of game called Shadows of Brimstone.. it is kind of interesting as while most games are "boardgames with RPG elements" this game is really a "RPG with boardgame elements". The game is huge and has a zillion things to do, but is really a combat orientated game. Still you basically just choose a direction on the map and start walking, pick up quests, visit towns.. level up and there is a shocking amount of stuff to do.. but it IS a rpg at heart.. most things are not represented by cards and tokens.. and you need to print out character sheets and use pencils and stuff.

metonymo wrote:
Do you play Shadowrun Crossfire

Never heard of it sorry.... I'll check it out.

metonymo wrote:
Crossfire or Dragonfire playthrough?

Anything is possible. I do not know about Crossfire so will check it out.. but I actually came close to buying Dragonfire a few days ago. I'm not a huge fan of deck builders but my opinions on them have softens greatly over time. I actually decided to getTyrants of the Underdark
instead of Dragonfire.

Jocab wrote:
What is your favorite spaceship? And why?

"The Heart of Gold" from the famous Douglas Adams radio play called Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. Like everything in that book the Heart of Gold is exceedingly clever in concept and kind of hilarious at the same time. It is powered by the "Infinite Probability Drive" which is such a great whimsical concept, I absolutely love it.

ricky2002 wrote:
If you could change one thing about the gaming scene down under, what would it be ?

I suppose the one thing I would love would be the major publishers to have proper distribution in AU, maybe even local production. Au is across the ocean and nearly entirely supplied by ship. Products take a long time to reach us and the shipping is very expensive. A game that is like 20 bucks in the US is like 80-100 bucks in AU. Many games are released here sometimes years after the US and EU. This forces many AU fans to personally import from American websites, as often it works out the same cost or sometimes even cheaper than buying locally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Cactus
United States
Lexington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I used to be a boardgamer like you, then I took a dice bag to the knee from Tonya Harding
mbmbmbmbmb
congrats from another aussie (albeit one stuck in the usa lol!) been a follower of your channel for aaaages. its great work.

funny to see a SQ2 review, I wrote Sarien the AGI emulator for the Sierra games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Somebody who thinks that feathers on dinosaurs would suddenly make them not-scary has never been chased by a goose.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Tragic and enjoy your week.

DarthEd wrote:
chadnorth wrote:

Nice! Good choice. Those stories are great.

Indeed. Great choice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats! What's your favorite bridge convention?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Verdonck
Belgium
Edegem
Antwerp
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations! Have a great week as GotW meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Dallas
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Tragic and enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tragic TheBlathering
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
Renaissance Man wrote:

oh it has been so long, and I was only a teenager living with mum and dad at the time. Sorry I just can not remember the actual name of any event.

You can probably find events localy around you at ABF.com.au (Australian Bridge Federation[/url]

I used to go to Mum's local community center and play with the other old ladies (So what! Wana fight about it?) to just spend time with her but it was just a bunch of Gandma's and their daughters and sons. This was held in Warriorwood Community Center. I have stopped now as unfortunately my Mum's mind is going pretty fast now : (
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cyrus the Great
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaissance Man wrote:

oh it has been so long, and I was only a teenager living with mum and dad at the time. Sorry I just can not remember the actual name of any event.

You can probably find events localy around you at ABF.com.au (Australian Bridge Federation[/url]

I used to go to Mum's local community center and play with the other old ladies (So what! Wana fight about it?) to just spend time with her but it was just a bunch of Gandma's and their daughters and sons. This was held in Warriorwood Community Center. I have stopped now as unfortunately my Mum's mind is going pretty fast now : (

I forgot that "convention" means something different in bridge than in boardgaming--I was actually asking about bridge conventions as in bidding agreements like Stayman and Blackwood, but you may not remember many of those either

I live in the US, so I have lots of bridge tournaments to go to, but I have heard that the annual Australian Bridge Congress is a top-notch tournament, certainly one I'd love to go to someday!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.