Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
How do I attach photos to games that I have for sale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
see if sticking these pairs around the image you want to insert works. You can stick this in the comments of your collection, for instance.

[i m g]the_url_with_your_image [/ i m g]

no spaces, its img and /img in square brackets.

But if you want something fancier, using a gallery, I don't know how to do that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If for sale in the marketplace, you upload them from your device when listing them. You can also upload imaged to listings you already created. Marketplace > Inventory > Manage > [pick a listing] > Images > Upload

If you mean an auction list (or something else?), upload them to your personal gallery ... My Geek > Gallery >Select > Upload. Make note of the number assigned to the images. When making a list entry, click the icon to add a geek image, enter the appropriate number into the popup. Or just type it in manually as follows ... " [ImageID=######] "
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Kmak
United States
Parrish
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was able to do Marketplace>Inventory>Manage>Images but after selecting the images there is no Upload selection on the geek. The images were added but there was no way to select the edited listing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no "images" under "manage". For me at least, clicking "manage" brings up a list of items I have for sale. Clicking any of the titles goes into editing that listing. On the edit listing screen there is a black "upload images" button.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aesthetocyst wrote:
I have no "images" under "manage". For me at least, clicking "manage" brings up a list of items I have for sale. Clicking any of the titles goes into editing that listing. On the edit listing screen there is a black "upload images" button.

I followed this and likewise see no 'Images' tag under Manage. And i cannot see any upload images button when I edit a sales record.

So, how do we upload images to a sales item?

EDIT: the Image uploader button is there on the new +Sell item view, but not on the later Edit item view. So you can add images at the point you first write the sale item, but not later when you edit it.

It's a bug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to add images from the product page. You can find your products under the Inventory/Manage. Sorry for the inconvenience - I don't have it on the edit page right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, I have worked it out. The image upload button only appears, AFTER you have submitted an item, and only on an ACTIVE item. If the item is hidden, no button appears.

Worse still, the image upload button appears inside the image module, but you cannot see the image module on the edit screen unless you happen to scroll down. There's no hint or clue it is even there.

Worse still, the uploader only let's you pick one item at a time to upload. If you have several images to upload, you need to keep going back and forth. And then the uploader gives you no idea of how long uploading is taking. And it changes the order of the images as they are uploaded.

So the process to add an image is this:
1. submit the item.
2. go to the item in your inventory.
3. do not click on edit.
4. make sure it is active, not hidden.
5. scroll down until you can finally see the upload button.
6. click this and navigate to your chosen image.
7. send and then sit and wait for it to appear at some point.
8. go back to step 6 again and again until you have done them all.

So yes, there is a way to add images, but it's very obscure and undocumented.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it's pretty old and needs a major overhaul. I only converted the old system over to this newer interface to get rid of the *really* bad code.

Hope your games sell though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.