Sword & Sorcery» Forums » Rules

Subject: Items that grant additional powers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Schultze
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about item powers. On p. 28 it reads that you must be follow the standard rules for acquiring powers. The Soul Natute is easily understandable but I haven't seen an item card with such a sign.
But my question refer to the other rule. The Soulrank indicates how many power cards the hero may have. Say I have three cards and equip an item that grants me a power: do. I have discard the rightmost card? And if I no longer use the item do I get the Power card I have discarded back?
As I see it the Powers are on the cards and not a new Power card. Therefore I think that the second rule is obsolete?
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Martinez
United States
California
flag msg tools
You don't have to discard any of your power cards. Any item that grants you a power card replaces the limit on whatever is printed on the Soulgem.

It's one of the Golden Rules: Any text on a card takes priority over the rules in the rulebook.

Edit: The list of Golden Rules can be found on page 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rezard Vareth
United States
flag msg tools
The elven armor gives you a power. I would add to rightmost. Then if I lost a power because I changed armors, I would also discard rightmost. If I acquired a new power after equipping the armor I would discard that one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Schultze
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, the armour gives you +1 power. And then you have to take a power for your hero from the available powers. Ok, that's it! I thought that alle the powers on an item itself counts as a power. Thank you, Rezard!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.