Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The Target Bound Event, 'Smoke Pots', reads: "-1 from all AtG Bomber attacks.'

Is that supposed to be a -1 modifier to the AtG bomb die roll, or a -1 to the AtG hit results?

I assume it's the former and so this is only to confirm my assumption, as the events' wording isn't consistent with the construct used throughout the rest of the game (such as the event, 'Weather Updates', which [for bad weather] specifically says: "Apply -X AtG modifier"). I.e., in the context of this particular event, the use of "from" is odd, and "Bomber attacks" can be taken to mean several things.

And on a side note, please don't misunderstand my recent wave of anal questions to be indicative of my attitude toward B-17 FF Leader. I'll be posting soon, how I absolutely LOVE this game, and think it's the best yet in the Leader series, for many reasons!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Leiker
United States
Friday Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's -1 to the AtG die roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What Ted said... AtG die roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lee
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Just flew my first mission tonight over France! knocked down a bandit too! I drew the SMOKE POT card for my event and interpreted it correctly. BUT . . .

What exactly is a "smoke pot" in this game? Never heard of this one.

THANKS in advance!

BISHOP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Brown
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoke pots were placed around targets by the Germans to create a haze around the facility, making targeting harder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

John, think Smoke Screen ....

Here's an American Mechanical smoke generator M2 (aka "Smoke Pot)

And the next image is a German smokescreen used at Wilhelmshaven in June 1943.
Caption: "Despite a smoke screen, 168 B-17s of the Eighth Air Force attacked Wilhelmshaven on 11 June. There are three lines of generators to windward of the area covered."

Here's "a formation of B-24s (15th Air Force) over the railway yards of Salzburg, Austria, on December 27, 1944. The smoke created by their bombs mingles with that from the enemy's many smudge pots".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.