Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Barrett
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[UPDATE:The premise of my question was in error, so you can pretty much ignore this thread.] blush

Some scenarios (e.g. #10), specify so many single-hex obstacles tiles of the same type that you need to use double or triple-hex obstacles tiles of that type in order to create the map (because not enough single-hex tiles are available.)
[Actually, the ones I was thinking of are hazardous terrain, not obstacles.]

My question [is no longer relevant]:

For abilities that affect obstacles, do I treat these obstacles as being the size shown on the scenario map (all single hexes, in the case of #10), or the size of the actual tiles needed to implement the map?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scenario 10? Those hot coals aren't obstacles; they're hazardous terrain.

I would go with the size identified in the scenario book. I believe Isaac has ruled on this before but haven't found it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Barrett
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is an excellent point! We actually did treat them as hazardous terrain when we played. I was thinking recently about edge cases for obstacle abilities, so I must have conflated the two. Looks like there's no issue after all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.