Subject: Loot and Chest tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
i c
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hi Folks,

After you draw a loot or chest tile, do you shuffle them back in with the remaining loot/chest tokens or do you leave them out until you run out, and then reshuffle?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rogan7 wrote:
After you draw a loot or chest tile, do you shuffle them back in with the remaining loot/chest tokens or do you leave them out until you run out, and then reshuffle?

I do the latter, because that is how all the other draw/discard mechanics in the game work. If you want to do it the other way, though, it's not really going to affect the balance all that much (unless you get really lucky and only ever pull the Treasure chest/loot options).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
i c
United States
California
flag msg tools
Skaak wrote:
Rogan7 wrote:

I do the latter, because that is how all the other draw/discard mechanics in the game work. If you want to do it the other way, though, it's not really going to affect the balance all that much (unless you get really lucky and only ever pull the Treasure chest/loot options).

Yea makes sense. That's what I've been doing... the latter. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Bartel
Australia
Salisbury Heights
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Skaak wrote:
Rogan7 wrote:

Page 6 says use discard piles for cards and tokens, and shuffle when empty. (I haven't quoted the rule as the pdf has copying disabled.) So, the latter is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haos17 wrote:
(I haven't quoted the rule as the pdf has copying disabled.)

Sidebar: you just need a PDF viewer which doesn't honor that setting (or maybe it can be turned off in your PDF viewer). On Linux, "evince" is one such viewer. It's dog slow, but it can copy text. Alternatively, if you're in no particular hurry, use "pdftotext" to convert the page(s) you want to text, then copy them from that output:

Quote:
pdftotext -f FIRST_PAGE_NUMBER -l LAST_PAGE_NUMBER S-and-s-rules.pdf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
haos17 wrote:
Page 6 says use discard piles for cards and tokens, and shuffle when empty. (I haven't quoted the rule as the pdf has copying disabled.)

If you're on a windows machine, you can use the Snipping Tool built into the OS to snap a picture of the rulebook and post the image here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
haos17 wrote:
Page 6 says use discard piles for cards and tokens, and shuffle when empty. (I haven't quoted the rule as the pdf has copying disabled.)

If you're on a windows machine, you can use the Snipping Tool built into the OS...

"shutter" is the most powerful equivalent for *nix platforms: http://shutter-project.org/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.