Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Cthulhu Wars» Forums » General

Subject: Lost Dog: Missing a Hound of Tindalos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Don Hawthorne
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Any idea why I would receive my data card but no miniature?

Anyone else have this problem?

And yes, I've checked in all the corners...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mickael vermont
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The miniature of 'Hound of Tindalos' was in the KS for the Richard Luong's artbook. The data card is a gift from PG to use the mini.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Darion Leonidas wrote:
Any idea why I would receive my data card but no miniature?

Anyone else have this problem?

And yes, I've checked in all the corners...


The Hound model was never a part of OS2. It was part of Richard Luong's art book Kickstarter.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Lanrezac
France
Chatou
Yvelines
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And a new Dog may pop up in Onslaught 3...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Santiago Pérez-Bergquist
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're looking for a suitable mini, Reaper offers one labeled a Hound of Tindalos, but I'd go with their Hound of Judgement instead.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Hawthorne
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
Cool!

Thanks, all!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark G
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
silarkhar wrote:
The miniature of 'Hound of Tindalos' was in the KS for the Richard Luong's artbook. The data card is a gift from PG to use the mini.


As a note, Richard Luong's Hound came with a card as well. So nobody needed this card to use the Hound, although the new card does have the silhouette of the new Hound with OS3 on it, and the language on the new card is formatted slightly better.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Petersen
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
it's your sister Cheryl!
badge
I work for Petersen Games. AMA
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mortavius wrote:
silarkhar wrote:
The miniature of 'Hound of Tindalos' was in the KS for the Richard Luong's artbook. The data card is a gift from PG to use the mini.


As a note, Richard Luong's Hound came with a card as well. So nobody needed this card to use the Hound, although the new card does have the silhouette of the new Hound with OS3 on it, and the language on the new card is formatted slightly better.


Yes, it was honestly mostly a subtle marketing plug for O3, but it wasn't quite as cool in execution than it was going to be in our minds, I suppose.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Blackmore
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it provides more use out of the Cosmic Terror Pack. I'd like to be able to put out more than three Terrors as options to recruit in a four or five player game. I happen to not mind using a proxy until OS3. I plan on using an 2008 era D&D miniatures Armored Guulvorg.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
existoid wrote:
Mortavius wrote:
silarkhar wrote:
The miniature of 'Hound of Tindalos' was in the KS for the Richard Luong's artbook. The data card is a gift from PG to use the mini.


As a note, Richard Luong's Hound came with a card as well. So nobody needed this card to use the Hound, although the new card does have the silhouette of the new Hound with OS3 on it, and the language on the new card is formatted slightly better.


Yes, it was honestly mostly a subtle marketing plug for O3, but it wasn't quite as cool in execution than it was going to be in our minds, I suppose.


Heh, it just gave me FOMO for not picking up that limited edition hound (at a point when I didn't even own the game).

Realising it's more of a cool foreshadowing of a new campaign where I can get my very own hound is awesome - no more FOMO !

Right, my OS2 arrived, got played, and now I'm ready for OS3 to come out (oh, and my missing Sleeper faction and Celeano map to arrive, but I understand that's an Australian error that's being slowly fixed, and plenty to play with in the meantime...)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Reardon
msg tools
existoid wrote:
Yes, it was honestly mostly a subtle marketing plug for O3, but it wasn't quite as cool in execution than it was going to be in our minds, I suppose.


Maybe, but I noticed the new card was updated from the old with better text clarifications, so at the very least it also helped those of us who got in on the original.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Blozinski
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I really like the original Hound miniature, but.....
Holy crap everyone is really proud of them. $150..really?! If it were signed by Elvis, maybe.
I guess I get to wait for the OS3 mini and a reasonable price.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.