Peter SZ
msg tools
Hi Guys. I am totally confused as to what "double ocean" means? I am referring to the rule book, page 17 under heading: "lull turn" subheading: "2. Treasure Placement".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Quinn
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ocean number represented on the two dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Cocks
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just came in to extend my sympathies. Stared at the board for 15 minutes before I realised what it meant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
"double ocean"

That might have been phrased better as "doubles ocean" (i.e., "rolling doubles").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hoban
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A lull turn happens when you roll doubles. So say you rolled double 6's, the rule book is telling you to put a ship/ships in the ocean that you rolled doubles in. In this example you would place your ships in 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
A lull turn happens when you roll doubles. So say you rolled double 6's, the rule book is telling you to put a ship/ships in the ocean that you rolled doubles in. In this example you would place your ships in 6.

If you were only rolling TWO white dice, then yes, you would place two ships in Ocean #6 (the Indian Ocean, if memory serves).

If you rolled THREE white dice, you would also place a ship where the other white die indicates, in addition to the two in the doubles Ocean.

You get to IGNORE the black di(c)e during a LULL turn, so there's a break, and place a Gemstone in the doubles Ocean and on the top of the Adventure deck (potential treasure!!).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter SZ
msg tools
Thank you guys. I would never have figures this out myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M B
France
FONSORBES
Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
testpilot555 wrote:
Thank you guys. I would never have figures this out myself.

You're not alone. cool

The differences in the way to use white and black dice are really awfully explained in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.