Subject: Some variant ideas I had to increase the challenge rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christine Mertens
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too easy?? We never won a game for the moment... found the Stawberry Ninja one time Yes, but two time in the 12 round is not so easy (or we do something wrong )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krissou wrote:
Too easy?? We never won a game for the moment... found the Stawberry Ninja one time Yes, but two time in the 12 round is not so easy (or we do something wrong )

I agree, it is not easy, I blame randomness for that. If it happens that the Ninja is next to the cat it's way too easy. But if the Ninja is in the opposite corner and you haven't found him earlier than round 10, there is almost no chance to catch him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gareth Pugh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah, I think you guys are right. I played it a bunch more times and kept coming back to the "base" game being a fairly good balance.

I have taken out the helpful cards though, which is exactly what they suggest with the custom field. I tend to just see how long it takes to find the ninja and not bother with winning or losing so much though, trying to line up the card moves with the Kitty moves in the lowest number of moves is good enough for me, but I'm playing solo.

3 and 5 still seem good though, at least until the ninja turns up, then it's a chase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hatch
Australia
Mudgeeraba
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I thought the book said you reselt the round counter after the first win/loss...so it's not like you have to do it twice in 12 rounds, more like you're playing the first to 2 (2 wins for you, 2 escapes for the Ninja).

But I don't have the book with me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.