Secrets of the Lost Tomb» Forums » Rules

Subject: death.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nik Verheyen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If an adventurer dies then you must/may take a new one and place him/her at the tomb entrance.
Question is: how about this characters number of actions in this round going on? suppose al the others still have 2 out of 4 actions to go, does he get 2 or 4?

THKS Nik
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are not precise on this question. I would say you have three options, depending on how much of a penalty you want to apply:
EASY -- The new adventurer has the full amount of available actions
MEDIUM -- The new adventurer has the same amount of available actions as the newly deceased adventurer had left over when he/she died
HARD -- The new adventurer doesn't appear at the Tomb Entrance until the start of the next round.

I suspect the normal way to play is the "MEDIUM" option, but I suggest you use whichever option feels the best to you.

Also, don't forget to advance the Comet Track once when a character dies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Batarlis
United States
Springfield
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvettemagred wrote:
The rules are not precise on this question. I would say you have three options, depending on how much of a penalty you want to apply:
EASY -- The new adventurer has the full amount of available actions
MEDIUM -- The new adventurer has the same amount of available actions as the newly deceased adventurer had left over when he/she died
HARD -- The new adventurer doesn't appear at the Tomb Entrance until the start of the next round.

I suspect the normal way to play is the "MEDIUM" option, but I suggest you use whichever option feels the best to you.

Also, don't forget to advance the Comet Track once when a character dies.

Great suggestions... That probably needs to go into the Errata. (if not already there)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Davis
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We always play that the new adventurer arrives at the tomb's entrance at the beginning of the next round. This gives the player time to get everything sorted out while the other players complete there turn, and makes more sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nik Verheyen
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good call Daniel! Think I will use your system next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.