Hide
4 Posts

Perdition's Mouth: Abyssal Rift» Forums » General

Subject: Finished Painted Miniatures for PM:AR rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Hunter
msg tools

Well, I am now finished painting my minis. All in all, it took a combined 30 hours to finish and that's including the wait time for the washes to dry. I kept it simple and within the parameters that I enjoy painting in. Prime, base coat, wash, highlight; 3-4 color scheme and call it done.

Sadly I lost my iron doors and lever minis so I'll be reordering these from Dragon Dawn Productions soon. I think I lost them during my latest move (moving blows).

I did put a gloss varnish on all of the minis with the infamous citadel Hardcoat, as I plan on fondling and handling the minis a lot during gameplay. Experience has taught me to put a hardcoat on my painted miniatures as the paint will flake off over time.

I'd recommend the painting guide for Perdition's Mouth if you are looking to paint your minis. It offers a lot of painting schemes and tips that are useful to newbies. I bought it to see what was in it. I've been painting for 25 years, mostly Warhammer 40K, but grew lazier and lazier over the years. In fact, the only game where I put 10-15 hours into a mini has been Kingdom Death Monster but that's painful and not fun to do but you only need 5-7 minis for that one at a time.

I've read the rulebook twice now and feel that I have a good handle on the mechanics. Sadly, I can't start playing for a week as I'm vacationing out to D.C.

I plan on playing the crap out of this game- at least 15-20 times is my usual goal but I hope to add more in. I prolly will post my games over on the forum 'Solitaire on your table' during July and August as I'm in this solo style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice job on the painted minis! It's a time consuming task, been working through Shadows of Brimstone myself. But they look so nice on the table!

BTW, if you add medium to the end of the image insert it will make them larger. Like this-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jalmari Ruokojärvi
Finland
flag msg tools
... staring straight into your soul.
badge
Whoah! I didn't expect to see that! Shame on you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! The bastardly thing with some plastics and especially resin tends to be that it lives a bit when it cools down casting. That shows pretty bad on Neshilim's polearm. I've never tried this with painted miniatures, but I gave mine what I like to call a tea-cup treatment. One cup of barely touchable hot water and one of cool water. Dip miniature in the hot cup for some 2 seconds, gently nudge the bent bit where you want it, and then dip the mini to the cup of cool water. Barely takes any effort or time.

Any clue if the citadel current citadel paints are watersoluble? If not, I'd maybe consider risking it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Price
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
You can get a similar effect with very careful application of a hair dryer to painted miniatures. I don't like this nearly as much as it's more of a hammer solution, but it does work if you're careful, and it does work with paint. Just... be careful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.