Hide
10 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Part 2: The Midnight Masks Unique cultist rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Peeters
msg tools
Maybe a stupid question but is 1 acolyte and a Wizard of the Order counting towards the 6 unique cultists?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Corbett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No questions are stupid! No they are not unique cultists. There are five unique cultists in the encounter deck, but I won't tell you where the sixth one is as it will spoil your game ( assuming you haven't already played it). The five unique cultists have the 'unique' indicator just in front of their name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corbetta wrote:
The five unique cultists have the 'unique' indicator just in front of their name.

It's a star (*), in case you're wondering
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Suarez
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
This is sooo not a stupid question. We were wondering the same thing the first time we played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volodymyr Fishchenko
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was confused by ‘unique’ as well, but fortunately realized my mistake after killing first really unique cultist. I think the problem is that the word ‘unique’ is used too casually, so people think that it simply means 'different'. May be it should be bold to emphasize that it is a game term and implies cards with (*) in their names.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farydia Pseudo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it is buried somewhere in the rules reference, that "unique" cards are marked with *. As FFG does this with every LCG that I have seen from them, it was pretty obvious to us. If you haven't thrown as much money at them as I have, I think this is a totally valid and good question!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindgaard
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you can't find the last cultist, look here :

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The last unique cultist is The Masked Hunter on the back of Agenda 1A, Predator or Prey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarfs are not Happy
mbmbmb
Not a stupid question at all.

This would have completely slipped me by if I weren't using the campaign tracker app! I started checking off in the log who I found and ... well "oops". Guess I'm not done after all.

I wonder how many people wrote down on a paper campaign log some non-unique cultists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawcomic
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
The stuff that dreams are made of...
mbmbmbmbmb
We just played this today and had a heated argument over whether or not the acolyte counted, but it's clear they do not, as they wouldn't go to the victory display.

It's also clear that we are unable to win this game. It's still very cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawcomic wrote:
It's also clear that we are unable to win this game. It's still very cool.

"Winning" The Midnight Masks is both nearly impossible and completely unnecessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.