United States
Byron
Illinois
flag msg tools
www.fourcolordemons.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey everybody!

I havent played this yet but I am just wondering if ones play like every other number or if they act as wilds and have the same bidding system in perudo. Or is there just too many dice for this to be the case?

Also nobody loses dice for wrong bids? Wonder if a "perudo" variant would increase the game. I mean I am sure they tried I guess and there must be a reason in not doing so..would like to read thoughts either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Wigmore
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are no wilds, and people don't lose dice.

My feeling is that they didn't do it (probably tested it, though) because they didn't want player elimination, which dice removal ultimately leads to.

I can see why people like the Game Boy Geek wanted that, but it also seems like the designers intended this to be played with lots of people so that it's more about the raucous bidding than it is about knocking people out. The "everyone involved in the bid" idea and set collection are the appeals, I think, but having so many dice might be a turn-off to some.

I've ordered two copies, as the designers straight-up said the game plays best with 5-7. Kind of unfortunate that the game ships with only 3-5, as I could tell right away it was really meant to have more people.

I hope it delivers at those counts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.