Condottiere» Forums » General

Subject: Reprint??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Johnson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Is there any news out there about if and/or when FFG or another company is going to reprint this game? Impossible to find for a reasonable price in my searchings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did the last printing do well enough for anyone to want to try?

Pete (has no idea, since his version is the Eurogames one)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You can track FFG's status of titles here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

Currently it is "Awaiting Reprint" as of March 2016. Which means:

Quote:
This product is currently out of stock at FFG. We are planning to reprint this title, but a date for additional production has not yet been set.

So it is on the list which means there is hope. But it has been there for 16 months now so that hope diminishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in the same boat, I waited a whole year for a reprint and nothing. Luckily I stumbled upon an eBay vendor selling a Chinese version of it. I ordered it, printed out some English rules, and just played it last weekend, and it was fantastic. There are no Chinese words printed on the cards or board, so it worked out great.

Here's where I got it from:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Condottiere-Card-Game-Board-Games-Fam...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
On the other side!
badge
On the other side!
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks very much like an unauthorised copy... As far as I know there is no FFG Chinese edition or am I mistaken?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chinese version of this game is rip-off. Players in Taiwan all know about this when we talk about this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I ordered a copy from Ali Express based on people in this forum saying it's probably legit in a different topic ( https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1747274/fake-versions-ebay ). Note that, assuming it's the same product that the ebay seller is selling, the photos are incorrect and it's NOT an FGG Chinese edition (which may not legitimately exist), but is the one listed here: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/138867/chinese-ed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Chang
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to hear about that...

No one dare to bring the Chinese version of this game to play at any board game stores.

Another thing to tell from is that the Chinese version is only $8 USD or sometimes even lower. And the English version is about at least $20 USD, which is 3 times the price of the rip-off version.

Besides, it's in simplified Chinese characters. Legit Chinese versions of board games are made in traditional Chinese characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
humanpaul wrote:
Sad to hear about that...

No one dare to bring the Chinese version of this game to play at any board game stores.

Another thing to tell from is that the Chinese version is only $8 USD or sometimes even lower. And the English version is about at least $20 USD, which is 3 times the price of the rip-off version.

Besides, it's in simplified Chinese characters. Legit Chinese versions of board games are made in traditional Chinese characters.

Well, I definitely don't know about which characters would be used, and I'm sorry to hear that it might indeed be a bootleg copy. However, the price was in keeping with what you would expect from a legit Chinese edition: cheaper than the US price, but not cheap (~$15). It wasn't a price that screamed "bootleg" to me (had it been <$8 there would have been no doubt in my mind).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RoyN
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
I once met a native of this island and asked him, "Does 'Bal' mean yes?" He replied, "Bal."
mbmbmbmbmb
humanpaul wrote:

Even in the PRC?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Häggkvist
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
badge
Had to do SOMETHING with all that GeekGold...
mbmbmbmbmb
humanpaul wrote:

What? Why would a legit version of the game necessarily use Traditional Chinese? If it's targeted for mainland China it will be in Simplified Chinese, legit or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Schubert
United States
Montana
flag msg tools
humanpaul wrote:

I just ordered an aliexpress copy. FFG is taking too damn long to reprint. If they want my money all they had to do was produce the product. So why would using the only available version be shameful?

(Note, I purchased the legit version and a sibling LOST it. So technically I own a copy already)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You can track FFG's status of titles here: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/upcoming/

I had no idea about the upcoming titles schedule. Thanks for posting that Brian!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Blackstone
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
I've been following the Fantasy Flight 'Upcoming' list, and Condottiere has dropped off their list of reprints. No explanation.

Totally criminal -- this is a great game. I hope that someone else picks it up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I just came here to check on the status because I've been hoping for a reprint for about a year now. I might have to track down a used copy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Peters

Coral Gables
Florida
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for a reprint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryucoo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
+1 for reprint with big board and 2nd ed rules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
It looks FFG has removed this product from their website. Their product page is not found, and the product is gone from the upcoming list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Voldemort
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Zman is reprinting it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie Herkenhoff Konersmann
msg tools
That is great news! Is there a planning or release date? Or at least some info?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul Chavez
Mexico
Cuauhtémoc
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This fall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.