Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kathryn Pennell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello fellow players

I am requiring assistance

I have now played the titled adventure pack many times, with different decks and have not been able to conquer it... do you have any suggestions on the best way.

I play with 2 players , one deck currently dwarf (leadership tactics) and the other (lore/spirit)

any help is appreciated

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed T
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This mono tactics deck beats it pretty consistently solo:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1158488/another-solo-one-ha...

Perhaps a similar tact?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc H
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with the other comment about trying mono-tactics. With my regular decks (various mixes), always failed. With almost any set of mono-tactics, success. Less than satisfying if you are trying to campaign through the saga, but a win is nice after multiple losses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Titus M
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This quest can be a nightmare. After face-checking it repeatedly I eventually learned you don't need to diversify.

Go straight defense (Beregond for sure, and some Blood of Numenor). Clear the Banks and the Approach by siege-questing, then clean up the board of enemiees allowing the Citadel to fall via undefended attacks. This puts you on Stage 4 (siege) and once you get through (if you haven't killed the Nazgul looking guy) you should still be siege-questing for the win.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryn Ballard
United Kingdom
Woodley
Berkshire
flag msg tools
I Plan. Dice laugh
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto Mono-Tactics for the win. Beregond with shield of Gondor, Boromir with Gondorian Fire, other player playing spirit to throw multiple copies of unexpected courage on Beregond. You could also play the easier variant and take some of the encounter cards out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.