Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: When/where to buy this game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So I think there are still places to buy the base game. But I don't like incomplete experiences. I've been looking at the Kickstarter page for almost 30 mins trying to decipher the contents but I really don't understand it. The base game is act 1, and if you want the other half you have had to back it? Because the page says "KS contents - Act II and more". And in that box "KS contents - Act II and more" is a sub-section KS exclusive. So you've got the main box which isn't Kickstarter content, and then you've got the Kickstarter content of which part is Kickstarter exclusive?

Then you've also got a Dragon Slayer expansion, and an immortal expansion, which is just the Dragon Slayer expansion + extra upgrades of coins and miniatures.

What I want is: the game (ACT I and ACT 2, because who wants only half the experience :S ) and the dragon expansion. I don't care for the extra upgrades, I just want the complete game.

Any idea when and where to buy the whole set? I can't find any recent update on the Kickstarter page nor their website. So that makes it seem like too late is too late. This game is made for backers and won't ever get a second production/shipment. I should say I'm not too familiar with the Kickstarter stuff, although other Kickstarter projects always seem to have an option to pre-order the next batch, and this one just... ended... I'm probably overlooking some things, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin John
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The retail version that will be out soon is Act 1. The rest will be sold as expansions over the next couple of years according to Ares.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And just to be clear, the only thing KS exclusive is the Standard Bearer Hero, the card holder, the deluxe (thicker) character sheets and dice bag.

KS content and KS exclusive are not the same thing.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevinjohn3d wrote:
The retail version that will be out soon is Act 1. The rest will be sold as expansions over the next couple of years according to Ares.


Ah, so in the end the people who are interested but missed the Kickstarter can still get the complete experience? So ACT II and the Dragonslayer expansion?

I don't see anything about this on their website or Kickstarter page. Do you remember where they communicated this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may call me
Canada
Burlington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Timefortravel wrote:
kevinjohn3d wrote:
The retail version that will be out soon is Act 1. The rest will be sold as expansions over the next couple of years according to Ares.


Ah, so in the end the people who are interested but missed the Kickstarter can still get the complete experience? So ACT II and the Dragonslayer expansion?

I don't see anything about this on their website or Kickstarter page. Do you remember where they communicated this?


How about here or here just a bit further down?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Timefortravel wrote:


I should say I'm not too familiar with the Kickstarter stuff, although other Kickstarter projects always seem to have an option to pre-order the next batch, and this one just... ended... I'm probably overlooking some things, right?


This one didn't "just...ended." The kickstarter campaign was in 2015 and then they allowed late pledges/pre-orders for about a whole year until November 2016 I think.

But, yeah, the Act 2 stuff will hit retail next year sometime.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only place to get the KS edition is on eBay or to find someone on BGG that's willing to part with their copy. As for the KS edition, while the game is pretty much shipped, there's part of the components that aren't done yet...like Act II. They'll be coming later.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logus Vile wrote:
Timefortravel wrote:
kevinjohn3d wrote:
The retail version that will be out soon is Act 1. The rest will be sold as expansions over the next couple of years according to Ares.


Ah, so in the end the people who are interested but missed the Kickstarter can still get the complete experience? So ACT II and the Dragonslayer expansion?

I don't see anything about this on their website or Kickstarter page. Do you remember where they communicated this?


How about here or here just a bit further down?


Still I think it's strange the designer didn't communicate about this on their website as far as I know. You'd think you are too late and can only buy the game on Ebay, unless you look at some threads here.

But it seems everything will come out eventually, so that's really nice. Won't complain any further
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starfury wrote:
The only place to get the KS edition is on eBay or to find someone on BGG that's willing to part with their copy. As for the KS edition, while the game is pretty much shipped, there's part of the components that aren't done yet...like Act II. They'll be coming later.
Actually the latest word is that shipping notices for the 25 or so of us USA backers will be done today (has not been received here) and in 10 days US retails copies will be shipped (or maybe just released for sale? I do not recall). The posted timeline was that Ares was going to wait 10 days after backers got their notifications before retail action was to commence.

So retailers in the USA will be able to start selling soon.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Starfury wrote:
The only place to get the KS edition is on eBay or to find someone on BGG that's willing to part with their copy. As for the KS edition, while the game is pretty much shipped, there's part of the components that aren't done yet...like Act II. They'll be coming later.
Actually the latest word is that shipping notices for the 25 or so of us USA backers will be done today (has not been received here) and in 10 days US retails copies will be shipped (or maybe just released for sale? I do not recall). The posted timeline was that Ares was going to wait 10 days after backers got their notifications before retail action was to commence.

So retailers in the USA will be able to start selling soon.



I haven't received mine either. Sure hope it gets here before I see it on display at my FLGS!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakkadakka1 wrote:
I haven't received mine either. Sure hope it gets here before I see it on display at my FLGS!!
Today's email said 10 days after they get word about the shipping notices, but no guarantees.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
dakkadakka1 wrote:
I haven't received mine either. Sure hope it gets here before I see it on display at my FLGS!!
Today's email said 10 days after they get word about the shipping notices, but no guarantees.


I know it will be here when it gets here - it's just been a long wait (not as long as for MERCS:Recon); and, I'm just ready for it to arrive. Either that or I just need more fiber in my diet (or both)!

I do find it hilarious that they are waiting until after the shipping notifications are sent - from the other threads it looks like the majority of people didn't even GET shipping notifications. Their games just showed up on the front steps one day!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.