Subject: We need a hint! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Maxey
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
We are completely stuck on chapter 3. We'd like a hint, if anyone can provide one. Maybe as simple as which items/cards we need to be focusing on.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
We know:

The 14 digit number sequence.
That the 5th digit is one too many (which could mean that it's either 10 or 1).
That the "verses of Ibn al-Jatib" may be significant in decoding it. But we've been unable to find this document.
That the location is determined by the hour of the eclipse and the position of the stars. (But we can't determine either of those things)
We also saw on another thread that the answer will lead us to open the insert to the box (which we won't do until we've actually solved it)

We've tried:

Decoding the numbers using A=1, Z=26, by several methods. Some answers we've gotten start with BLAAB, JOSZA, URTN, ASOE, BLAIJJ, BLIJATN.
Decoding using various documents as keys, including The Scroll of Antioch, and using various people's names as keys.
Looking on google for the writings of Ibn al-Jatib, but we think we're probably not supposed to use google.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Bock
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
I like my beer like I like my board games...
mbmbmbmbmb
h2odysee wrote:
We are completely stuck on chapter 3. We'd like a hint, if anyone can provide one. Maybe as simple as which items/cards we need to be focusing on.

We know:

The 14 digit number sequence.
That the 5th digit is one too many (which could mean that it's either 10 or 1).
That the "verses of Ibn al-Jatib" may be significant in decoding it. But we've been unable to find this document.
That the location is determined by the hour of the eclipse and the position of the stars. (But we can't determine either of those things)
We also saw on another thread that the answer will lead us to open the insert to the box (which we won't do until we've actually solved it)

We've tried:

Decoding the numbers using A=1, Z=26, by several methods. Some answers we've gotten start with BLAAB, JOSZA, URTN, ASOE, BLAIJJ, BLIJATN.
Decoding using various documents as keys, including The Scroll of Antioch, and using various people's names as keys.
Looking on google for the writings of Ibn al-Jatib, but we think we're probably not supposed to use google.

Thanks!

Did you read the errata in the official FAQ?

The location it leads you to has the document you're looking for on the Card A.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Maxey
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
OMG! Thanks.

We've been:

Not reading the A cards after the first time. And we'd forgotten about that. I've been scouring the art looking for engravings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King Maple
Estonia
Tallinn
Harjumaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, where the heck is this released already?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Maxey
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
It was in my FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cameron knotek
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Can someone please answer this question who has finished Lumen Fidei...
We still do not get how to use the poem as a key. I could see how we can translate the numbers (example: 10=s, the 10th letter in the poem etc.) and we have recognized that the 5th number is one to far (making it 10 rather than 11) but all we have come up with is gibberish, no indication to a location, item or anything of the sort. Please help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slashdoctor wrote:
Wait, where the heck is this released already?
Not in the UK, pre-orders are still open for July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cameron knotek
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
It came out in the United States on June 22

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. B.
France
Cannes
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
code100 wrote:
Can someone please answer this question who has finished Lumen Fidei...
We still do not get how to use the poem as a key. I could see how we can translate the numbers (example: 10=s, the 10th letter in the poem etc.) and we have recognized that the 5th number is one to far (making it 10 rather than 11) but all we have come up with is gibberish, no indication to a location, item or anything of the sort. Please help!

spoiler warning
I don't know the exact values since I played the French version, but for instance if the code starts with 1445...
read the first letter of the poem (=1), then advance 4 (=5th letter), then advance 4 again (=9th letter), then advance 5 (=14th letter), and so on;
indeed if the 5th number is offset by 1 then all that follows is gibberish
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cameron knotek
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
That makes so much sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cameron knotek
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Found the document under the insert and eliminated the tokens adjacent to each other, but what does "disregard the two to find the three" mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mb
code100 wrote:
Found the document under the insert and eliminated the tokens adjacent to each other, but what does "disregard the two to find the three" mean?

Only read if you want the solution:

After you remove all tokens according to the rules, there should be 6 tokens left. Each token can have 1, 2, 3, or 4 different shapes on it.
Remove the 3 tokens with 2 shapes. The rest are the correct ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandru Ionut Pirvu
Romania
flag msg tools
I strongly suggrst to look on the link below before revealing any spoilers here. I was stuck in a different location due to missing text on one of the cards and I spoiled my next puzzle.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21105561#21105561

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tracey roper
China
Shanghai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Please help. I threw out the box and only speak English. Could you pm me what to do with tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.