Hide
5 Posts

Orléans: Invasion» Forums » General

Subject: Invasion places with base game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lufia22
msg tools
Can I just add the Invasion places to the base game or do they create any sort of imbalance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lufia22 wrote:
Can I just add the Invasion places to the base game or do they create any sort of imbalance?

You can add them.

When playing 2-player, my wife and I shuffle all the tiles together (Including the 7 ones from Invasion) and remove 11 of them randomly. This gives the same number of tiles and the base game uses with the draft variant.

We like this as a variable set up.

But if you just add the 7 new tiles to the base game, it will work fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lufia22
msg tools
KnobleSavage wrote:
lufia22 wrote:

You can add them.

When playing 2-player, my wife and I shuffle all the tiles together (Including the 7 ones from Invasion) and remove 11 of them randomly. This gives the same number of tiles and the base game uses with the draft variant.

Do you find any of them underpowered? The Market Stand, for example, doesn't seem like it would be too terribly useful in a normal game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lufia22 wrote:
KnobleSavage wrote:
lufia22 wrote:

You can add them.

Do you find any of them underpowered? The Market Stand, for example, doesn't seem like it would be too terribly useful in a normal game.

Haven't tried it myself, but you could use the Market Stand in combination Wool Manufacturer or the Tailor Shop if the supply is thin on wool or brocade from the start. Then you can just cycle through the same tiles by producing them and selling them back to the supply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Clayton
United States
Hanceville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lufia22 wrote:

Sorry for the tardy response. Yeah, we find some of them under powered, and some of them are really powerful. We're pretty fond of the school and bathhouse and tend to dash for those when they come up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.