Popular Tags: [View All]
Nobody Suspects
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Place your bets on when your pledges will arrive

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/massive-darkness/p...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tankboy
United States
Haslet
Texas
flag msg tools
The Game that started it all
badge
I know. It's an Awesome Avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
December 26th?whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
August for most backers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I place my bets on:

Sooner than I expected.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm guessing mid to late august

At this point though, any news is good news so I'm stoked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halloween (hopefully 2017)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
August. We have ship arrival dates. People guessing post-September are just being ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Johnson
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:
August. We have ship arrival dates. People guessing post-September are just being ridiculous.

Dude - take a chill pill. It was a joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Willo
Australia
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dakkadakka1 wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

Maybe!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dormammu wrote:

"Australia

Ships will be loaded next week. We should have more information on this soon."

You might have ship arrival dates....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a website where we can track the ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandKhan44 wrote:

Yes:

Athos:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:416982/zoom...

Cosco Development:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:690431/zoom...

MSC Antigua: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:686978/zoom...

As a side note, Athos seems to have a secondary (primary?) name of Hanjin United Kingdom. The IMO numbers match, so I'm fairly sure it's the right ship.

Edit: To save you a click, the ship that left first is near Japan and the other two are near Taiwan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorBandage wrote:
GrandKhan44 wrote:

Yes:

Athos:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:416982/zoom...

Cosco Development:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:690431/zoom...

MSC Antigua: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/shipid:686978/zoom...

As a side note, Athos seems to have a secondary (primary?) name of Hanjin United Kingdom. The IMO numbers match, so I'm fairly sure it's the right ship.

Edit: To save you a click, the ship that left first is near Japan and the other two are near Taiwan.

Thanks, but I already got a follow-up question (and actually I am waiting for the European ship ...)

How did you identify the ships? I could find the Cosco Development, but for Athos, the web site listed >50 ships, how did you find out it is "Hanjin United Kingdom?". And nowhere did I find the "724E" from the update, what does that even mean and how does it correspond to the IMO number 9406738? I feel really stupid, can you enlighten me???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandKhan44 wrote:

Thanks, but I already got a follow-up question (and actually I am waiting for the European ship ...)

How did you identify the ships? I could find the Cosco Development, but for Athos, the web site listed >50 ships, how did you find out it is "Hanjin United Kingdom?". And nowhere did I find the "724E" from the update, what does that even mean and how does it correspond to the IMO number 9406738? I feel really stupid, can you enlighten me???

724E is the voyage number. As a very loose analogy, you can think of them as you would a Flight Number (such as Flight 321 from Berlin to London). The IMO number is similar to the License Plate number of a ship (or more accurately it's similar to a VIN number in cars). The IMO number is a unique identifying number that pretty much all commercial vessels have. Since Athos was a very common name, I looked for cargo ships with the voyage number given. Once I found an Athos with the correct voyage number, I ran its IMO (and made sure the country flag matched) to find that the ship has two names. If you bring up the details for the ship, you can see that AIS is reporting the ship's name as Athos.

Edit: Spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thilo M.
Germany
Wiesbaden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorBandage wrote:
GrandKhan44 wrote:

724E is the voyage number. As a very loose analogy, you can thing of them as you would a Flight Number (such as Flight 321 from Berlin to London). The IMO number is similar to the License Plate number of a ship (or more accurately it's similar to a VIN number in cars). The IMO number is a unique identifying number that pretty much all commercial vessels have. Since Athos was a very common name, I looked for cargo ships with the voyage number given. Once I found an Athos with the correct voyage number, I ran its IMO (and made sure the country flag matched) to find that the ship has two names. If you bring up the details for the ship, you can see that AIS is reporting the ship's name as Athos.

Wow, thanks. But I still cannot find the Voyage Number on the site

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:416982/mmsi:636018037/vessel:HANJIN%20UNITED%20KINGDOM

do you need a (paid?) account to search / see voyage numbers? Sorry I am derailing the conversation, I guess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GrandKhan44 wrote:
Wow, thanks. But I still cannot find the Voyage Number on the site

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:416982/mmsi:636018037/vessel:HANJIN%20UNITED%20KINGDOM

do you need a (paid?) account to search / see voyage numbers? Sorry I am derailing the conversation, I guess...

Ah, sorry. I found the voyage number on a different site. I just prefer the map-view on Marine Traffic.

Here's the site I found the voyage number on: https://my.seagoline.com/schedules/vesselresults?b.voyageCod...

Not that I expect CMON to do this, but it's much easier to track cargo ships from their IMO number than the name and voyage number. Maybe future updates will include those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
Enter something witty here
badge
These aren't really my legs
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctorBandage wrote:

Not that I expect CMON to do this, but it's much easier to track cargo ships from their IMO number than the name and voyage number. Maybe future updates will include those.

I don't think they will since they never have in the past, though I also don't think they have given actual ship data and they have given us some now. I guess there's a chance. Sounds like an easy way to deliver some good customer service for those who are really anxious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friedmutant
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

This is too soon! I don't want MD yet! I need more time to finish painting S&S, R&BS2, Masmora, Frostgrave, D&D...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
dakkadakka1 wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

Don't quit your day job.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering most of the shipments already sailing are due in between July 12-19, and then each will take a few weeks at the hubs to ship out, I would assume some of us will be seeing our packages as soon as mid-August. For everyone else we should see late August and early September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McKee
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the sad thing is that the only reason I'm checking in on this is to know when I can expect to receive it to try and flip it. With arcadia quest and gloomhaven, I'm tapped out on dungeon crawlers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Islesfan91 wrote:
the sad thing is that the only reason I'm checking in on this is to know when I can expect to receive it to try and flip it. With arcadia quest and gloomhaven, I'm tapped out on dungeon crawlers.

Arcadia Quest isn't a dungeon crawler, and Gloomhaven's gameplay is different in almost every way from Massive Darkness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McKee
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Islesfan91 wrote:

Arcadia Quest isn't a dungeon crawler, and Gloomhaven's gameplay is different in almost every way from Massive Darkness.

I'm not saying it's exactly the same (sorry, poor choice of phrasing), but the theme is similar enough in our group that I doubt it'll appeal enough to keep it. I have masmorra as well so I just don't see myself keeping this. That said, when it arrives I'll have a look through it and decide, may end up changing my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no such thing as too many dungeon crawlers. If your friends disagree you have the wrong friends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Saco
Argentina
flag msg tools
SpoDaddy wrote:
There's no such thing as too many dungeon crawlers. If your friends disagree you have the wrong friends.

Listen to him
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.