Zombicide: Green Horde» Forums » General

Subject: Fatty Bursters and 3D Obstacles add-ons rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frankie West
United States
California
flag msg tools
Just curious what are the thoughts about these.

Fatty bursters: The stretch goal got us 4 of these guys, but I'm not sure if getting another set would be good. Are the spawn cards repeats? Is it even worth it to get a second set?

3D Obstacles: I love the 3D doors (it just added to the feel), but I felt this was half-cooked. The amount of hedges aren't enough to fill up the scenarios, and I don't feel justify to buy the hedge pack (plus they feel clunky...I share the sentiments that other have said with a group of zombies, the hedges take up space). So ignoring the hedges, I'm not sure if $15 is justify to buy for just the barricades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far...I've put in for everything except the obstacles and the extra tiles. I figure I'll pick those up later, but I don't want to miss the Kickstarter exclusives.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AceSin wrote:

Fatty bursters: The stretch goal got us 4 of these guys, but I'm not sure if getting another set would be good. Are the spawn cards repeats? Is it even worth it to get a second set?

Having more of a model actually decreases the challenge (most of the time) because it lessens the chance of a double activation. Double-activated runners can be lethal. I guess having a second set just gives you a bit more flexibility.

AceSin wrote:
The amount of hedges aren't enough to fill up the scenarios,

Common misconception (which I had also). 3D hedges replace the hedge tokens contained in the core box. And those tokens are only used to add additional hedges depending on the scenario. You don't place them on top of the hedges already printed on the maps (which are numerous). So it's a weird add-on. Having a few makes the scenario-specific hedges stand out. Having a ton of them will make the board cluttered. I'm undecided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donn Hardy
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For Bursters, it really depends what else you have in your spawn deck. Since Bursters activate whenever another spawns, you WANT them to spawn often (presumably). So, if you have all of your spawns cards from ZBP, ZGH, and all of the expansions (deadeyes, crowz, etc), you might consider extras. If you only ever add 1 or 2 types of zombies to your spawn deck, getting extras may not be as necessary.

The barricades look nice. The hedges are rubbish. Maybe sell of the hedges online?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doctor Bandage
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
japester1 wrote:

AceSin wrote:
The amount of hedges aren't enough to fill up the scenarios,

Common misconception (which I had also). 3D hedges replace the hedge tokens contained in the core box. And those tokens are only used to add additional hedges depending on the scenario. You don't place them on top of the hedges already printed on the maps (which are numerous). So it's a weird add-on. Having a few makes the scenario-specific hedges stand out. Having a ton of them will make the board cluttered. I'm undecided.

This is correct, but needs a bit of clarification:
The 6 hedges that come in the "3D Plastic Obstacles" pack replace tokens, but the ones in the "3D Platic Hedge" pack ARE intended to go on top of the printed hedges on the tiles. Furthermore, in a baffling decision, the 3D hedge pack doesn't even contain enough hedges to do that on all quests. You'd need 3 copies of the hedge pack if that was your goal.
/Clarification

As someone pointed out in another thread, 3D Hedges are unintuitive terrain. You can't see through or move through walls, but they're represented by just the board art. Hedges can't be seen through, but can be moved through, yet they're represent by an obscuring, blocking piece of plastic? Its a odd upgrade, to say the least. I really wish I could grab the barricades on their own without the silly hedges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
May the Force be with you.
badge
Good and evil; there never is one without the other.
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the Fatty Busters a lot. Since they are a KS exclusive, I'm definitely getting another set. That way, I can work more of them into a game, or if 4 is enough I can through the second set in my original Black Plague box so I don't have to keep moving them back and forth.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric B
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the hedges look decent enough (especially if they had a wash), but I can't see myself wasting nearly $60 to get enough to cover all the hedge spots on a map. As others have pointed out it woukd he weird only having some covered with 3D hedges and not others, and they also would be cukbersom and really take up the space needed for your zombie minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.