Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
The guy with the ideas.
badge
Look at my spooky glowing eyes!!!
mbmbmbmbmb

With the mention of the Elven lands in several hero descriptions, I believe the next Black Plague will probably involve the Elves.

Below are some suggestions for enemies I would like to see.

- Corpse Cart

- Armored Walkers

- Warrior Walkers (Walkers with weapons)

- Cursed Walkers (Walkers that cause penalties when killed)

- Elemental Walkers (Burning Walkers, Frozen Walkers, etc.)

- Undead Cavalry (Walkers riding zombie horses)

- Infested Fatty (Upon death it spawns Rats, Wormz, or other some other vermin)

- Wormz (Borrowing vermin)

- Spiderz (Web spinning vermin)

- Pixiz (Swarm of undead fairies that are a biting distraction that cause penalties to swarmed heroes)

- Abomination Ent (The plague has spread even into the trees. Ent vunerable to fire but has increased attack as it burns)

- Abomination Spider (Giant spider that spawns Spiderz)

- Abomination Cyborg (A necromantic experiment with a zombie being melded with steampunk weapons and armor)

- Abomination Amalgam (Golem composed of multiple corpses; spawns walkers upon death)

- Spectral Abomination

- Abomination Grizzly Bear

- Abomination Harpy

- Abomination Centaur (Charge attack)

- Wraith Necromancer

- Banshee Necromancer

- Mummy Necromancer

- Lich Necromancer

- Corpse Queen Necromancer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Jimenez
msg tools
mb
If it involves elves...we might see either zombie elves or dwarves!

One of my favorite fan ideas was the werewolf survivor. Having an unpredictable character that can wipe out zombies OR your team sounds really fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought; "We're still about a year away from the release of Green Horde, and someone's talking about the next season!" But there are some really interesting ideas in there - thanks for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrel
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Things I would like:

-Goblin Survivor
-Mummy enemies box
-Vampire enemies box
-Brom guest box
-Undead Beholder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Jimenez
msg tools
mb
comamonkey wrote:
Things I would like:

-Goblin Survivor
-Mummy enemies box
-Vampire enemies box
-Brom guest box
-Undead Beholder

Vampires and vampire/witch hunters. I've been asking for them at KS and I hope it happens in the future...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Your Mama
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orc Axe throwers (probably won't fit the theme).

Item, weapon, and spell key words (fire, cold, magic, acid, ect), and enemies that have immunities and weaknesses to those key words)

A big bad guy/gal, a Lich or something, that was the cause of the whole Black Plague.

Survivor team boxes (elves, dwarves, Orcs, halflings, etc), each come with 6 figures and maybe starting equipment. Maybe each race has a certain play style. I think it would be thematic too, having and all elf war party (or any other grouping).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Kenna
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to see all those things!!! Maybe fill out the siege weapon range a bit more with the a addition of a Catapult, early Black Powder Cannon, and possibly a Dwarven Volley Gun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
NecroNuke9 wrote:
- Cursed Walkers (Walkers that cause penalties when killed)

- Elemental Walkers (Burning Walkers, Frozen Walkers, etc.)

I like these two ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Dads Podcast
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I'd like to see a Pre-Columbian MesoAmerica Zombicide.

There is all kinds of Mythology and stuff that would support a number of cool things. Also it would be a huge change in art, and potentially game mechanics, skills and rules.

They could pick the Mayas, Incas, Toltecs or any other group/citystate during that time; or even combine them all.

You heard it here first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hello there
msg tools
mb
I would like to see an Oriental setting (working on one myself but official would be better)

Hopping zombies/vampires
Shaolin monks
wandering swordsmen
kung fu sects

samurai
ninja
tengu
kitsune

etc etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
partenopei wrote:
I would like to see an Oriental setting (working on one myself but official would be better)

Hopping zombies/vampires
Shaolin monks
wandering swordsmen
kung fu sects

samurai
ninja
tengu
kitsune

etc etc

+1 to this

Rising Sun looked really nice, but mechanically it just wasn't for us (non-coop, can't be played with 2), so I'd definitely love to see an Eastern-themed Zombicide [with obvious potential for non-stop clamouring for a Rising Sun crossover kit].

Would be interested to see how they named it -Given the developing theme for colour-based names, "Yellow Peril" seems an obvious choice, but I think that's got some fairly racist overtones...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Jimenez
msg tools
mb
I would kill for a wild west setting, but I know it wouldn't be appealing to everyone...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wananeko wrote:
I would kill for a wild west setting, but I know it wouldn't be appealing to everyone...

Mechanically would not offer much new when compared to modern and medieval.

A truly innovative one may be Xenocide, with alien enemies, all sorts of sci-fi weapons, and entirely new character archetypes (scientist, cyborg, hacker, psionic, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judgement Dave
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Chromit90 wrote:
Wananeko wrote:

Mechanically it would add as much as the devs wanted to add.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Jimenez
msg tools
mb
JudgementDave wrote:
Chromit90 wrote:
Wananeko wrote:

Mechanically it would add as much as the devs wanted to add.

Exactly. Basically, a wild west setting could offer as much as the modern does. Cannons, horses, alcohol with effects on the survivors, dynamite (as dragon bile?), some sort of way to buy stuff using gold...plus it doesn't have to be a purist western setting. It would be a weird west setting so it can involve all sorts of creatures and artifacts!

The only problem I see is that the wild west aesthetics are not for everyone. But I see a comeback of the genre (Westworld, the Dark Tower movie and some other films coming out lately)so who knows...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wananeko wrote:
Basically, a wild west setting could offer as much as the modern does. Cannons, horses, alcohol with effects on the survivors, dynamite (as dragon bile?), some sort of way to buy stuff using gold...

But all those elements can be included in the Modern (or in in the case of gold, to BP) setting. I don't see a Wild West setting offering something really unique.

With the medieval/fantasy they added necromancers, trolls, giants, spells, etc. With sci-fi they can offer so much more. But everything you can add to Wild West can be easily included to modern or BP.

They could add zombie gunslingers (which sound cool), but we've already got Deadeye Archers.
An indian shaman? We've got the Necromancer.

Wild West, like Steampunk/Dieselpunk has always felt halfway between traditional fantasy, and modern settings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Jimenez
msg tools
mb
Chromit90 wrote:
Wananeko wrote:
Basically, a wild west setting could offer as much as the modern does. Cannons, horses, alcohol with effects on the survivors, dynamite (as dragon bile?), some sort of way to buy stuff using gold...

But all those elements can be included in the Modern (or in in the case of gold, to BP) setting. I don't see a Wild West setting offering something really unique.

With the medieval/fantasy they added necromancers, trolls, giants, spells, etc. With sci-fi they can offer so much more. But everything you can add to Wild West can be easily included to modern or BP.

Wild West, like Steampunk/Dieselpunk has always felt sitting halfway between traditional fantasy, and modern settings.

How about indians, shamans, wild spirits and the likes?
And of course the setting itself can be appealing.

CMON could have thought of a way to include a character like the necromancer on the modern Zombicide. A scientist for instance. And the dragon bile is like the molotow coctail anyway.

I don't think there's a single element in BP that could not be translated into the modern Zombicide, but the fantasy setting was appealing. I don't see why a Wild West wouldn't work the same way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ignazio Corrao
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wananeko wrote:
I don't think there's a single element in BP that could not be translated into the modern Zombicide, but the fantasy setting was appealing. I don't see why a Wild West wouldn't work the same way!

I do agree with you, but that may be the issue: they can't continue just reskinning modern zombicide.
After three modern seasons (plus expansions), and probably three fantasy (and several expansions), would you really want three seasons of a Wild West setting re-using all the common Zombicide mechanics?
If they want to maintain interest they will have to try a radically new setting. And as far as I know they are already considering Xenocide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Javier Jimenez
msg tools
mb
Chromit90 wrote:

I do agree with you, but that may be the issue: they can't continue just reskinning modern zombicide.
After three modern seasons (plus expansions), and probably three fantasy (and several expansions), would you really want three seasons of a Wild West setting re-using all the common Zombicide mechanics?
If they want to maintain interest they will have to try a radically new setting.

Personally yes, I'd love to see that happen. But I know it's not going to happen. A Xenocide idea is (sadly for me) more interesting and the room for spoof characters is simply endless. I mean how many well known actors can you use for a Wild West setting? Obviously Clint, Lee Van Cleef, John Wayne and a few more...but western is a more niche genre I guess. On the other hand we have science fiction with so many mainstream series, shows and videogames (Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien, Blade Runner, Akira, Dead Space, Destiny...the list can go on and on).

Chromit90 wrote:
And as far as I know they already considering Xenocide.

I guess you're referring to that video of the GH presentation, where some guy asked if they would take Zombicide to other settings like Weird West or space and Thiago laughed and said "no comments!". Yup they're definitely thinking of new settings and if I had to place a bet it would go to space too.

I wouldn't mind having an eastern Zombicide though. Yokaizide!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristijan Petrovski
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Original 6 from Zombicide modern, redone as fantasy characters:
Wanda - Centaur
Phil - Paladin
Ned - Troll
Josh - Elf
Amy - Witch (hero + Necro cards)
Doug - Office guy with 2 uzi's (he's perfect just the way he is)

Also Bearz - Tougher Runners 2 actions, 2 dmg per hit, 2 dmg weapon to take down

And everything else that was mentioned above, because its all awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Daniels
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NecroNuke9 wrote:

With the mention of the Elven lands in several hero descriptions, I believe the next Black Plague will probably involve the Elves.

This. This is all I need: filthy elfs to kill.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Boilerman wrote:
NecroNuke9 wrote:

This. This is all I need: filthy elfs to kill.

Dwarf Fortress player detected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James J

Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like some of the ideas in this thread. But, as someone who jumped in with Z:BP and has limited exposure to Moderncide--how feasible are mechanisms/enemies that add complexity to the game? It seems like they always try to keep things simple. And so many of the requests/variants proposed by fans are just way too complex. If they did go for any of these meatier concepts, I feel like that would be "it". They would base the entire season on that one gimmick and would keep everything else relatively simple and/or cosmetic.

Honestly, though, my #1 wish would probably be that if BP3 has to happen....let it happen around 2020 at the earliest. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence VH
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
I was thinking about a steampunk western setting. Maybe Indians fighting zombie cowboys.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cooper
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mage Wars: Beastmaster's Pet
mbmbmbmbmb
Steampunk Zombicide!

Although, as others have said, would it bring anything new to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.