Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Spoiler (click to reveal)
We had a great time playing the game but one card description seems to be misleading

Rebels (as I remember) have option to trade.
It is written on the card that they have only few items on trade. But when you go to the script book and check for specyfic script from rebels card, it will tell you that you can trade anything.

So, meeting rebels - can you trade everything (I mean, take anything what is listed in the trade section) or only trade what rebels currently poses?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first bit just sounds like flavor text, and the more detsiled sounds like actual game mechanics text. Use the later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dante
United States
Katy
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
mb
AkitaInu wrote:
Hello,

We had a great time playing the game but one card description seems to be misleading

Rebels (as I remember) have option to trade.
It is written on the card that they have only few items on trade. But when you go to the script book and check for specyfic script from rebels card, it will tell you that you can trade anything.

So, meeting rebels - can you trade everything (I mean, take anything what is listed in the trade section) or only trade what rebels currently poses?

Thanks

So you just need to play the card from top down.
First, roll to see how many rebels.

Second, Decide if you are going to trade to get their 1 moonshine and 1 cigarette with the trade commission of 2. I don't think you have to get both but depending if you trade or not will open up the other options.

If you DID NOT trade, then roll and read 779 if 1-5 was rolled

If you DID trade, then you may return an exploration card to talk or trade with them just like other residents that sit in your exploration slot.

If you didn't do the initial trade for the moonshine and cigarette that they were offering, then you shouldn't have read the script about trading for them. You should have roll the d10 and either read 779 because you rolled 1-5, or if you rolled 6+, then nothing happens with the rebels and they just sit in the exploration slot on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a better answer! I haven't encountered the card yet so was going by the information given.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrzej Kaczor
Poland
Chorzów
INTL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer, we played it wrong.

But anyway, game is great

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What I don't understand is how the initial trade opportunity works. The Trade Commission is 2 but the items the rebels offer you have a value of 4 (i.e. 1 Moonshine = 3 and the 1 cigarette = 1). So how can this trade be finalized?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Eugene Ang
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esto wrote:
What I don't understand is how the initial trade opportunity works. The Trade Commission is 2 but the items the rebels offer you have a value of 4 (i.e. 1 Moonshine = 3 and the 1 cigarette = 1). So how can this trade be finalized?

You will first have to discard an item worth 2 or more for to represent the trade commission.

Then you have to discard an item worth 4 or more to be able to get both the Moonshine and Cigarette.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Pattaya
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
albert_yusuke wrote:
Esto wrote:

You will first have to discard an item worth 2 or more for to represent the trade commission.

Then you have to discard an item worth 4 or more to be able to get both the Moonshine and Cigarette.

After the trade commission is paid, is it okay to discard an item worth 1 to trade only for the cigarette? Can I discard an item worth 3 to pay both the trade commission as well as the 1 cigarette?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert Eugene Ang
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Esto wrote:
albert_yusuke wrote:
Esto wrote:

After the trade commission is paid, is it okay to discard an item worth 1 to trade only for the cigarette? Can I discard an item worth 3 to pay both the trade commission as well as the 1 cigarette?

Yup that is correct.

Thematically, you pay 3 to get something worth 1

Edit: I think you should first pay the commission then pay for the item. I don't have the rulebook out at the moment. maybe someone can quote me how the trade is written on the script
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.