Subject: Transport of a MECHANIZED Unit rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi.

"MECHANIZED : a mechanized unit may perform its movement immediately after being deployed from of a transport, even if they had already moved during the same turn."

My understanding :

1) During Deployment Phase : both Mechanized Infantry Unit and Transport Unit are deployed on the same square at the same turn.
Transport makes its movement and can redeploy Mechanized Infantry Unit because Mechanized Infantry Unit has not made its own movement yet.
Thanks to Mechanized ability, Mechanized Infantry Unit can move immediately after its redeployment.

Correct ?

2) During Movement Phase : Mechanized Infantry Unit and Transport Unit are not on the same square. Mechanized Infantry Unit moves onto the Transport Unit square, then the Transport Unit make its movement.
Can the Mechanized Infantry Unit be redeployed or not ? I guess not.

Correct ?

3) Question : can a Mechanized Infantry Unit be redeployed on the same square as the Transport Unit (At Cover) and then use its Mechanized ability to move ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocGuillaume wrote:
1) During Deployment Phase : both Mechanized Infantry Unit and Transport Unit are deployed on the same square at the same turn.
Transport makes its movement and can redeploy Mechanized Infantry Unit because Mechanized Infantry Unit has not made its own movement yet.
Thanks to Mechanized ability, Mechanized Infantry Unit can move immediately after its redeployment.

Two arguments against that:

a) The Mechanized Infantry already moved to load onto the Transport. One might argue that, because they are placed on the board at the same time, the Infantry are already loaded on the transport. But...

b) Mechanized says that the unit may move after deploying, not after unloading. Those are two different things.

i don't think it can move after unloading from the transport.

DocGuillaume wrote:
3) Question : can a Mechanized Infantry Unit be redeployed on the same square as the Transport Unit (At Cover) and then use its Mechanized ability to move ?

The unloading rules specifically say that an unloaded infantry must be placed in a "laterally adjacent" space, not the same space as the transport.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Stephan : in that case, unload and redeploy is the same.
In consequence, I really think that my 1) and 2) are correct.

Indeed, in the boardgame, at the difference of the App, an Infantry Unit cannot be redeployed onto the same square as the Transport Unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocGuillaume wrote:
@Stephan : in that case, unload and redeploy is the same.

"Redeploy" does not mean the same thing as "unload", and an Infantry "unloads" from a transport. The rules make no mention of "redeploy" and they define Deployment as placing a unit in the first line (or wherever a special ability allows you to deploy it) during the Deployment Phase. Anything that a unit does after that initial placement is not part of the deployment.

The designer may very well rule that Mechanized infantry can indeed move after being transported immediately after deployment, but my interpretation of the rules is that it's not allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Are there any mechanised infantry in the game? I haven't seen any.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DigitalEccentric wrote:
Are there any mechanised infantry in the game? I haven't seen any.

IIRC they're German (maybe from the reinforcements pack?). Looking at the card manifest (filepage 147628), i think it's the Motorized Infantry from the German Reinforcements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I'm looking at one of those right now and it only says 'Motorised' on it, which is an expansion keyword that allows the unit to move one space Diagonally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DigitalEccentric wrote:
I'm looking at one of those right now and it only says 'Motorised' on it, which is an expansion keyword that allows the unit to move one space Diagonally.

My card boxes are buried while i restructure my Man Cave for in-bound Kickstarters, so i can't verify this, but i'm fairly certainly i read "mechanized" on one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocGuillaume wrote:
"MECHANIZED : a mechanized unit may perform its movement immediately after being deployed from of a transport, even if they had already moved during the same turn."

Guillaume, my apologies - after reading this more closely, i believe you are correct:

DocGuillaume wrote:
1) During Deployment Phase : both Mechanized Infantry Unit and Transport Unit are deployed on the same square at the same turn. Transport makes its movement and can redeploy Mechanized Infantry Unit because Mechanized Infantry Unit has not made its own movement yet. Thanks to Mechanized ability, Mechanized Infantry Unit can move immediately after its redeployment.

Correct ?

i think so.

DocGuillaume wrote:
2) During Movement Phase : Mechanized Infantry Unit and Transport Unit are not on the same square. Mechanized Infantry Unit moves onto the Transport Unit square, then the Transport Unit make its movement. Can the Mechanized Infantry Unit be redeployed or not ? I guess not.

Correct ?

i think they can because Mechanized says "even if they had already moved during the same turn.

DocGuillaume wrote:

i still think "no" for this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
sgbeal wrote:
DigitalEccentric wrote:

My card boxes are buried while i restructure my Man Cave for in-bound Kickstarters, so i can't verify this, but i'm fairly certainly i read "mechanized" on one of them.

Unless it's a translation gaff between different versions of the game, or in the Russian box (I haven't looked at their units extensively), I don't think I've come across a single mechanized unit yet in the whole game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DigitalEccentric wrote:
Unless it's a translation gaff between different versions of the game, or in the Russian box (I haven't looked at their units extensively), I don't think I've come across a single mechanized unit yet in the whole game.

i just quickly scanned through all the infantry (all armies) and found several Morotized and Mounted, but no Mechanized.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Motorized ≠ Mechanized

In the App :

THE NINTH (US) and BLUE DIVISION (German) are exclusive spanish cards in the base game. I regret they're not part of the KS english version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DocGuillaume wrote:
THE NINTH (US) and BLUE DIVISION (German) are exclusive spanish cards in the base game. I regret they're not part of the KS english version.

:-O

Well, that explains our confusion about the lack of Mechanized cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Guillaume,

Perhaps you can get clarification here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/148872/2gm-twg-anexo-de-t...

About the third question, the unit only may end movement at the same square if both transport and transported have moved at the same time.

Best regards,

Jose Manuel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK
Do you agree that an Infantry Unit can come from square A onto square B, a Transport Unit can comme from square C onto square B, so that both units end their movements onto the same square B and Infantry Unit is thus At Cover ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DocGuillaume wrote:
OK
Do you agree that an Infantry Unit can come from square A onto square B, a Transport Unit can comme from square C onto square B, so that both units end their movements onto the same square C and Infantry Unit is thus At Cover ?

Not exactly as you said.

I'm agree that an Infantry Unit can come from square B onto square C, a Transport Unit can comme from square A onto square C, crossing square B, so both units moves together B to C and end their movements onto the same square C. In that case, Infantry Unit moves Covered by the transport or tank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I made a typo error.
Final square for both units is B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

JM, you say that those movements do not result in an Infantry Unit (THE NINTH) At cover ????????

1)

2)

But those movements do :
3)

4)

If yes, then the App is too completely different than the original boardgame and I pray that things will change towards a similar behavior !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Robinson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
What's that brown token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The brown token is the "AT COVER" token, displayed in the App.
I printed a sheet of many tokens to use in the boardgame.

ATTENTION : AT COVER ≠ TAKE COVER (App) (= HIT THE DIRT! on the physical cards of the boardgame)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Manuel Moreno Ramos
Spain
Cádiz
Cádiz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DocGuillaume wrote:

JM, you say that those movements do not result in an Infantry Unit (THE NINTH) At cover ????????

1)

2)

But those movements do :
3)

4)

If yes, then the App is too completely different than the original boardgame and I pray that things will change towards a similar behavior !

To advance covered by a transport, designed has just confirmed to me that both units should move together, from starting square to destination square. So in the cases you have exposed, the Ninth shall not be covered at the boardgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hola JM.
Not covered in any of the 2 examples above ? Even not the second where the 2 Units move together at least 1 square ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gaudé
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

jmkinki wrote:
I'm agree that an Infantry Unit can come from square B onto square C, a Transport Unit can comme from square A onto square C, crossing square B, so both units moves together B to C and end their movements onto the same square C. In that case, Infantry Unit moves Covered by the transport or tank.

Owing your answer above, in the second case Infantry Unit i supposed to be at cover.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.