Super Turtle
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
My shell is bigger than your apartment
badge
Speed is overrated
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think there is room for new meta, or the game has been totally explored?

* I am talking about tournament settings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless they implement the new starting VP for the factions, I think 19 seasons has firmly ingrained the meta game. At least for high levels of play. The bottom half of the players are still discovering things.

League 6 represent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Super Turtle
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
My shell is bigger than your apartment
badge
Speed is overrated
mbmbmbmbmb
I had top level play in my mind. I xlearly have many many things to discovere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
I also believe that you met the King of the Forest, Mei, and meeting him is a sign of good luck.
mbmbmbmbmb
In my mind, I view the league 4 and up as top play as that represents the top 10% of the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C TK
Canada
flag msg tools
The meta is still evolving. It didn't stop at MEND and it won't stop here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT: Data was edited to account for number of games played.

I looked at the points earned by League 1 & 2 factions for the past three seasons. Below is what it looks like. Enjoy.

EDIT: Data was edited to account for number of games played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C TK
Canada
flag msg tools
mls5stokes wrote:
I looked at the points earned by League 1 & 2 factions for the past three seasons. Below is what it looks like. Enjoy.

Could you adjust the points to reflect pick rate?

Ie if Alchemists were picked twice and got 1st and 3rd, they would score 3.5. If engineers were picked 15 times and scored mostly 3rd with a few 1sts they would score below 3.5. The current graph is distorted by the fact that some factions are picked much more than others and therefore get much more points, despite not necessarily getting more points per game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CTKShadow wrote:

Could you adjust the points to reflect pick rate?

Ie if Alchemists were picked twice and got 1st and 3rd, they would score 3.5. If engineers were picked 15 times and scored mostly 3rd with a few 1sts they would score below 3.5. The current graph is distorted by the fact that some factions are picked much more than others and therefore get much more points, despite not necessarily getting more points per game.

True that. I'll change the data.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Stokes
United States
North Augusta
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Duck Season!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Data now accounts for number of times picked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C TK
Canada
flag msg tools
Wow, at a glance that's actually a big difference in top factions across the three seasons.

I'm not surprised swarmlings did really well (small sample size though). I feel like they are "sleeper OP." I've had a couple of ridiculous games with them and they are fairly robust to disrupt without being reliant on neighbours like mermaids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
Germany
Bocholt
flag msg tools
badge
I paid 100 Geek Gold so that you can read this! :-)
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting how Engineers dropped to an average faction while Darklings rose to old stardom again. Did people play more against Engineers and thus Darklings prevailed? The absolute number of Witches increased from 8 to 11, but that's not enough to explain the lower Engineers scores - unless a higher percentage of Witches happened to share games with Engineers.

The biggest surprise (or not?) is that Darklings did so well despite being picked in every single League 1+2 game of season 18. I.e. they had to play in all sorts of setups and faction combinations and still came out on top. There's a niches of varying sizes for Halflings, for Swarmlings, for Cultists, and then there are the Darklings who don't really care about the setup: their "niche" comprises everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.