Subject: Adding more componenets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
oren kostin
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I really like this games, and I happen to play it mostly as a 2 player game.
I'm getting tired of using just the orange and blue pieces.
1) Where can I get gray and purple buildings and meeples?
2) I find the buildings a little bit too big. Any ideas for pieces to replace the buildings? maybe buildings of a different type?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some monopoly games have the little green houses. You could stack them and glue them together to make some small pagodas. Once painted you probably wont even be able to tell the difference.

But why on earth would u want to do that to such a beautiful game??? I love the wooden pieces as is and the blue orange mandatory for two players doesnt bother me (it didnt bother me in five tribes either), but im not sure why days of wonder insists on not providing enough parts to allow freedom of choice. Does a few extra pieces make THAT much difference??

If a game is selling millions of copies world wide, like ticket to ride or catan status, then cutting a few wooden pieces from each box can really add up, but is yamatai really going to reach that level?? I would love if it did but realistically...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert
Netherlands
Voorburg
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the other way around. If a game is NOT selling in the millions, the costs to produce those extra pieces are relatively high.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.